Press Officer in High Wycombe
Press... We are looking for an experienced Press Officer to join our Costa Corporate Affairs and PR team. In this key role you will be responsible owning all inbound proactive and reactive media...
We are looking for an experienced Press Officer to join our Costa Corporate Affairs and PR team. In this key role you will be responsible owning all inbound proactive and reactive media enquiries , as well as being responsible for managing the online press centre, media database and reporting. You will also drive media awareness and favourability of the Costa Coffee brand through a media engagement programme and by supporting seasonal PR campaigns. We are seeking someone with proven press and media experience who wants to really make an impact working for a major consumer brand with exciting growth plans.
A bit about us...
Here at Costa Coffee, our vision is to inspire the world to love great coffee. We’re all about passion, energy and teamwork to serve uplifting moments to coffee fans globally. From our humble beginnings in 1971, we’re now the UK’s most loved coffee Brand. With the help of our Partners and parent company, the Coca Cola Company, our growth ambitions have no limits. Along with our much-loved retail stores, we now have propositions spanning Ready-to-Drink, Costa Express, FMCG and our leading B2B networks. Costa are pioneering the future of the coffee industry.
A bit about the role...
Reporting into the Head of Corporate Affairs and PR, your key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Manage the Press Office -responsible for all inbound proactive and reactive media opportunities
- Driving media awareness and favourability of the Costa Coffee brand through a targeted media engagement programme
- Deliver all menu and product press releases, including overseeing lifestyle photoshoots and media sell-ins/ gifting
- Deliver all post PR campaign reports, monthly PR reports and report up to senior leaders within the business
- Participate in an out of hours on call rota, likely one week and weekend a month
- Manage third party agencies who support press office and support seasonal PR campaigns, supported by external agencies
A bit about you…
We want all of our Team Members to thrive and to grow here at Costa, this is why our values are so important to us, Passion, Courage, Trust, Warmth. Along with an ability to work with diverse teams we would look for you to bring the following to this role:
- Experience working within a press office, responding to media enquiries ideally within consumer environment or sector
- Track record working with or for a PR agency
- Successful track record of improving media coverage within a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication abilities
- Exemplary media contacts book
- Creative thinker with the ability to deal with moving priorities and deadlines
What we can offer...
Costa are on a growth journey like no other, more countries, more propositions, more opportunities for you to develop your career and work with some great teams. In addition, you’ll benefit from
- BUPA Healthcare
- Costa Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
Location: Remote with requirement to be in London office on a business needs basis.
Costa is made up of true experts, masters of their craft stretching their limits to what’s possible. It’s why we work so well remotely. We trust our teams and embrace technology to help us collaborate. And if needed, we have offices all over the world for those important connection points. Our remote working allows you to balance your work and personal life, while retaining Costa’s much-loved warmth and passion.
- High Wycombe
- Published at
- Profession type
- Bar Staff / Waiters and Waitresses
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!