Youth Project Leader - ReachOut Leadership Development Programme
This is a perfect role if you want support to advance your career, make a difference in the lives of young people whilst earning an additional income. Only apply if you live in Liverpool, Manchester, or London!
What are you going to do:
You’ll need to be available 5 hours per week to lead ReachOut mentoring sessions to a group of 12-16 young people and their volunteer mentors in a primary or secondary school.
Only apply if you live in Liverpool, Manchester, or London!
Spend 3 hours preparing and planning your ReachOut mentoring sessions using ReachOut’s bank of activities to lead and deliver engaging sessions for 2 hours each week
Support the 12-16 young people in your sessions to raise their aspirations, develop their character, and build their academic attainment and self-confidence
Complete monitoring and evaluation activities to ensure sessions are as impactful as possible and set up strategies with the help of your line manager to help each young person in your group reach their mentoring goal
Manage and support a group of 12-16 volunteer mentors
Keep in touch with the parents/carers of the young people in your group about attendance, successes and challenges
Run extracurricular activities in your session or support extracurricular practitioner run their sessions
Follow ReachOut’s policies and procedures to safeguard young people
You are available for 3 hours of flexible working remotely and for 2 hours at the same time and same-day on a weekly basis in a local partner school from
o 3:30 – 5:30 pm in primary schools from October to April during term time
o either 5:00 – 7:00 pm or 6:00 – 8:00 pm in secondary schools from October to June during term time
What we offer:
- A challenging and rewarding year-long programme that will give you the tools to be well equipped for any future career
- Have an impact on the lives of your assigned young people and volunteer mentors Gain valuable experience to evidence your skills to future employers
- Receive extensive training and support to be a good ReachOut Project Leader, gaining experience in managing volunteers, working with young people, and taking a leadership role
- Receive additional training on skills that are transferable to any career, such as time management & prioritisation, public speaking skills, interview skills and more
- Get paid 5 hours a week to prepare, plan and deliver your mentoring sessions with young people 9 –19 years old (£11.05 per hour in London and £9.90 per hour in Greater Manchester, Oldham and Liverpool)
- Develop key skills for any career such as leadership, communication, time management, and people management
- You get £50 after completing the compulsory induction training in September 2022
What we ask:
- At least finished high school
- You are confident to engage and manage a group of 12 or 16 young people either in primary or secondary school
- You are passionate about ReachOut’s mission and demonstrate ReachOut’s Character Strengths: Fairness, Good Judgement, Self-Control and Staying Power
- You are open to feedback with a genuine desire to learn and develop personally
- You have the desire and potential to take on a leadership role
- You have Maths and English skills
- You have good communication skills (face-to-face, email, text, phone)
- Confident using IT; email, MS Forms, excel and video conferencing such as Zoom
- You are enthusiastic, energetic and excited by challenges
- You have good organisation skills (can manage tasks effectively, accurately and in a timely fashion)
- You are available for 3 hours of flexible working remotely and for 2 hours at the same time and same-day on a weekly basis
- You are available to attend the residential Leadership Development Programme Training on the weekend of 2-4 September 2022
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'Apply Now! and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
Commitment to being an inclusive and diverse organisation
ReachOut is committed to being an inclusive and diverse organisation, and we live by our core Character Strengths of Fairness, Good judgement, Self-Control and Staying Power. We, therefore, welcome applications from people of all ethnicities, ages, religious beliefs, gender identities, sexual orientation and any other protected characteristics, to provide a diverse range of experience, ideas and insights into our work.
We recognise that having support from staff and volunteers with a shared experience, can further help our young people develop and learn. More than half of the young people we work with are from Black Caribbean, Black African, Bangladeshi and Turkish backgrounds, yet we tend to get fewer applications from people within these communities.
ReachOut wants to increase the representation of our young people amongst our Project Leaders, so if you are from these ethnic groups, we would particularly appreciate receiving your applications.
Please note, if you are a successful candidate you will be required to undergo an enhanced criminal records check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. ReachOut will cover the cost of the check and guide you through the process. All staff have a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and adults. The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
- Education Level
- College, Secondary School, Other
- Working hours per week
- Type of Contract
- Part-time jobs, Evening jobs
- Salary indication
- Between £9,90 and £11,05 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- Leading a group of 12-16 young people and their mentors, to support young people achieve good, happy and successful lives
- Profession type
- Project Management
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!
Do you want to apply within one click and stay up to date on the newest vacancies that suit you? Signup as a student!Sign up for free