Summer camp staff
We are looking for native speakers /over 20 year olds/ to be involved in our Camp as Residential Activity Leaders, Theatre or sports coaches in Tennis, football. Volleyball, basketball or swimming. The camp will be attended by Bulgarian students mainly, aged 9 - 15 No special qualification required, but experience with children in a play or sports environment are highly appreciated, as well as any coaching specialisation. If you are a student an you are about to acquire a qualification in Play-work or Sports Leadership, you could also apply. Activity leaders have the opportunity to be creative, if you have a special talent and want to teach our students something, creativity is actively encouraged!
What are you going to do:
- To run all after class free time activities on campus, as well as scheduled trips and optional excursions
- The onsite activities vary from sports coaching/volleyball, football, etc./to yard games, board games, film nights and discos and other campus events plus leading short excursions. You have to introduce and deliver these sessions and ensure the students have an enjoyable experience.
- Attend and organize the beach visits and related activities such as supervised group swimming, bringing the student to / from the Watersports Centre etc.
- Supervise the students while in the Accommodation Block and do night check at bed time etc.
- Activity leaders live and work in the centre, undertaking some welfare duties such as meal and accommodation supervision and any administrative assistance the senior staff require.
SKILLS and JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCES
- Pro-actively address student behavioral issues remaining professional and empathic while dealing with discipline and behavior management in a positive and constructive manner.
- Be confident, outgoing and sociable character; Have a positive can-do approach to work
- Demonstrate respect for equal opportunities and respect for race and diversity
- Good organizational and effective communication skills
Valuable experience – although we do not require it, it would be great if you experience
- Of working in a residential setting
- Working with 9 – 15 year olds
- Have first aid certificate
- Have been on summer camps yourself
What we offer:
- Lots of activitie outside in seaside area
- Camp is 5 mins from the beach
- Fun working environment with young people
What we ask:
- Problem solving
- Ability to work with children (9-15 yo)
- 6 to 12 months
- You should be registered as a university student
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'Apply Now! and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
- Education Level
- College, Secondary School, Other
- Foreign: Abroad
- Working hours per week
- Type of Contract
- Summer / seasonal jobs
- Salary indication
- Between €230,00 and €300,00 Per Week
- Responsible for
- Operational and organisational tasks with children
- Published at
- Profession type
- Sport / Adventure
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!