Director - Core International Tax Advisor (Open to flexible working) in London
We’ve got an exciting opportunity to join our international tax services team, who are recognised as being leaders in international tax advisory and cross border M&A. You will be working with some of the largest corporation in the world advising them on their international tax planning and M&A deals. Working within our International Transaction Tax Service (ITTS) Practice focusing on the Core offering (Product & Services and Telecoms, media & Technology).
You will be working with some of the sector leading Partners who are well known and respected in the market. You’ll also be working with a high performing team who have advised on many high profile and market leading transactions over the past few years.
It is a great time to join the ITTS team who have expanded exponentially in recent years and are continuing to grow. With a number of disrupting factors in the market at the moment you’ll be at the forefront of helping our clients to navigate the market challenges on an international scale.
The combination of experience and innovation in our team makes it not only one of the most exciting places to work in tax, but also a place where you can learn and develop into a skilled and renowned international tax adviser, working with K / overseas MNCs, lawyers and banks on complex projects.
Our international tax professionals will work on a variety of projects which are focused on helping clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy, including:
- Expansion into new markets
- Pre-transaction reorganisations and post-transaction integration
- Legal structure rationalisation
- Operating model redesign
- Optimisation of capital structure and financing
- Optimisation of intellectual property ownership and reliefs
- Managing the risk arising from global law change such as BEPS, and
- Lobbying and negotiation with tax authorities in UK and globally
Your key responsibilities
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, winning work proactively and contributing to winning new clients
- Management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business focus approach taken
- Overall responsibility of quality of client service
- Manage possible leads from other areas of the practice
- Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
- Develop junior staff through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring
- Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Skills and attributes for success
- Client focus and commercially aware
- Strong international and UK tax technical skills and understanding
- Commitment to building strong client relationship management with ability to develop quality outputs to clients
- Negotiation skills and handle challenges
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Strong business acumen with ability to manage engagement financial results
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to create, sustain effective teams
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day delivery
- Change orientated and innovative with flexible approach to ways of working and adoption of new technologies
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in international tax
- Any of the following preferred: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA, e.g. law qualification)
- Graduate/graduate calibre or equivalent work experience
- Experience of Managing a team and/or coaching and developing more junior team members
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
You’ll proactively maintain your technical understanding by keeping abreast of global developments in UK and international tax concepts and issues so that you can better advise our clients. In return we’ll provide investment in specialist training and offer you opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop you so that you’re in the best place to build your tax career.
As an International Tax Manager with EY you’ll be working on an exclusively advisory portfolio from day one with access to an unmatched client base including smaller inbound clients through to the world’s largest multinationals.
Whatever the projects and assignments you work on you can be sure you’re contributing towards helping our clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy ensuring technical excellence and providing the highest levels of client service.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- You can read more here:
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!