Manager - Business Tax Advisory and Transactions in Belfast
Our Belfast office is a successful and growing one thanks to a large and varied client base ranging from multinational listed businesses to start ups, owner managed to private equity / entrepreneurial venture backed, covering various sectors. The role means we can offer you the opportunity to gain experience of the mid-market and enhance your skills working with national and international businesses.
As a business tax professional working in EY’s Belfast office you’ll provide a full range of business tax advisory services. You’ll be working alongside specialists on a day to day basis to broaden your experience of different business tax areas to help our clients through the challenges of tax planning both UK and international and to provide support on merger and acquisitions transactions both from a tax due diligence and a tax structuring point of view. The varied work, which encompasses all business tax advisory matters that include corporate and shareholder reorganisations, corporate restructuring, corporate acquisitions and, disposals (with a particular focus on tax due diligence and tax structuring projects), refinancing, BEPS and international tax, means ultimately this role will offer broad experience with significant exposure to senior stakeholders, responsibility in key decisions and a more varied portfolio to help you develop your career with EY.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage the successful delivery of business tax advisory services for tax advisory projects ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide exceptional client service. A key expectation will be well project managed service with high quality deliverables that demonstrates that value has been provided to the client
- Build relationships within the firm to support the identification of opportunities and provide deep specialist assistance to clients.
- A significant contribution to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and targeting / building relationships in the business community to win projects on new clients.
- Responsible for providing coaching and support to more junior members of the team to support them on client and project work and through personal development
As a manager you will also play a key role effectively managing the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing & coaching less experienced members of the team supporting them through assignments and helping them develop their careers.
Skills and attributes for success
We are looking for tax professionals who excel at client relationships and who have the confidence and skills to win new work and clients. Business development skills, in terms of being able to go out and meet new contacts, understand their business needs and determine how we can add value to them by addressing those needs, is therefore a key requirement.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experienced corporate tax manager with UK corporate tax experience for this role.
- Experience of working on business tax advisory projects including business restructuring and reorganisation projects, tax due diligence and tax structuring projects for corporate acquisitions. A solid background in UK corporate tax compliance and experience of international tax matters is also preferable.
- Up to date knowledge of changes in the tax environment (BEPS, CBCR etc)
- Proven track record for business development on existing clients and ‘cold’ targets
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of managing and coaching others
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly and build effective relationships at all levels
- Excellent communicator both written and orally
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality delivery
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and consult appropriately within the firm
- Excellent project management skills and ability to deliver financial metrics
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!