Manager - Private Capital Transactions Tax (Open to Flexible Working) in London
Manager- Private Capital Transactions, International Tax (Open to flexible working)
The ITTS team at EY is unique in having all transaction specialists in one place. The team includes Corporate and Private Equity deal specialists, in addition to Restructuring and Fund/Management structuring specialists. This provides the team with a natural hedge against market turbulence with focus shifting between areas as the economic cycle develops, which also creates a greater degree of job security.
In this dynamic and fast-moving environment, individuals apply their skills to a variety of transactions. With a truly entrepreneurial spirit there is the flexibility to shape your career in particular sectors or areas of the M&A landscape or to get experience across the spectrum.
The Private Client Transaction Tax team deals with private equity clients as well as specifically focussing on the areas of the M&A market that are developing the quickest. Our flexibility and speed to market means that we have grown each year throughout the downturn – in order to take advantage of the current opportunities in the market we need to continue to recruit the best talent.
In this team you will get wide-ranging experience in all the core areas of transactional work – including corporate deals, private equity, infrastructure and clean-tech, distressed debt and turnaround transactions and restructuring.
As deal advisers, Private Client Transaction Tax team members not only gain good UK tax technical experience but also gain a commercial understanding of what is important to our clients in a deal context. As a large part of PCT work is cross-border, you will also have an early introduction to international structuring techniques and overseas tax regimes.
We are currently looking to expand our Private Client Transaction Tax team and are keen to speak with experienced Tax Advisors.
Your key responsibilities
You will contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services to the client, building and maintaining tax relationships with clients to provide high levels of client service. You’ll contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and ensure technical excellence and a practical/business focus approach.
Skills and attributes for success
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Keen to develop further
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree Qualified
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
What we look for:
- You’ll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in UK and international tax concepts and issues so that you can better advise our clients. In return we’ll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you’re in the best place to develop you tax career.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- You can read more here:
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!