Manager - Digital HR Transformation and Technology (Payroll) - People Advisory Services (UK&I) in London
People Advisory Services (PAS) harnesses the collective power of all or our people - related services into a single integrated global sub-service line of over 10,000 people delivering over $1.4bn in revenue. We provide our clients with a set of integrated services and offerings solving their most pertinent people-related business challenges.
Our Digital HR Transformation and Technology offering is one of our key growth areas within PAS, focusing on assisting our clients to navigate the Digital HR agenda, all in service of the employee experience. This covers optimising the Payroll function to better serve the enterprise, defining the optimum operating models including leveraging third-party providers, cloud-based solutions, IA and emerging technologies. We are looking for both experienced candidates across the public and private sector to join our team.
Your Key Responsibilities
There will be opportunities to work with clients across all sectors in an environment that will support you in the realisation of your potential. Our work environment is both stretching and supportive and is designed to help high-performing people thrive. Examples of responsibilities you will undertake will include
- Engaging with clients on a range of topics across global Payroll including strategy, process evaluation, process improvement and risk mediation, design of payroll delivery options (consolidation of multiple payrolls, vendor advisory, GBS), and payroll transition management
- Play a managing role in helping to build a vibrant Digital HR Community of Practice aimed at developing our team.
- Design, plan and develop complex business solutions that include IA, enabling technology solutions, and functional payroll insights
- Working with clients to shape and realise their desired employee experience through a thoughtful architecture of point solutions
- Bringing experience and insights to the next generation of Payroll Service delivery through next GBS, enabling technology and BPO arrangements.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
- Have strong personal impact and resilience, and be able to influence and persuade clients and stakeholders to gain support for major changes and key decisions
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
- Be able to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
- Be skilled in facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members
- Be confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
To qualify for the role you must have
You will have already achieved outstanding personal success in your current job and established yourself as an experienced management consultant, HR/Payroll Technologist and/or IT professional with design and implementation experience in the following areas
- Experience in planning, designing and/or deployment of new service delivery models and leading technology solutions in the marketplace, such as ADP, NGA, or SAP Payroll
- Development of Payroll operating models, including COE design and GBS design
- Business and value case development
- Understanding of digital Payroll landscape (including vendors) and the opportunities emerging tech, service orchestration and intelligent automation bring
- Leveraging a human centred or design thinking led approach to employee experience innovation
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Relevant professional experience, including for example previous work with a Big 4, global management consultancy firm, niche consultancy or performed an in-house role in which you gained exposure to a large-scale project(s)
- Experience in application of enabling technology to drive business efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience as an HR or Payroll practitioner would be ideal
- Personal success in current job with experience in originating sales and an established thought manager in HR & Payroll
- Experience deploying cloud payroll solutions
- Have a primary degree and relevant post-graduate qualification
- Private sector. public and/ or international experience
What We Look For
We are looking for a professional and experienced individual who can demonstrate an ability to address varied interests of clients and stakeholders. In this role, you will need to be self-aware and flexible in your own approach when dealing with different styles and backgrounds.
What Working At EY Offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes assistance for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer
- Coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are dedicated to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So, when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to support our clients.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to advise and influence our client’s activities at senior leadership level to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people. As a result, we’re continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value.
EY is dedicated to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!