Payroll Associate, GCR Payroll Operate (Newcastle) in Newcastle Upon Tyne
The... We are currently looking for Payroll Associates to join our UK Payroll Operate based in Newcastle Upon Tyne and Belfast. This is an excellent opportunity to join our fast-growing payroll team within EY. Reporting to the...
We are currently looking for Payroll Associates to join our UK Payroll Operate based in Newcastle Upon Tyne and Belfast. This is an excellent opportunity to join our fast-growing payroll team within EY. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the successful candidate will be part of a team with responsibility for the successful delivery of payroll services for new and existing clients. You will need to ensure all payrolls are executed to a high standard, manage stakeholders, report on internal EY metrics and build positive relationships across the firm. As part of this role, you will also need to prioritise your time and workload to ensure payrolls are delivered on time.
Your key responsibilities
Processing the payroll data each pay period accurately and to an agreed payroll schedule
Setting up new joiners on the payroll software
Terminating employee on the payroll software
Importing pay data into the payroll software
Manual calculation of pro-rated salary for joiners/leavers per payrun
Manual retrospective calculations
Processing statutory payments
Setting up new pay components within the payroll software and ensuring the correct legislative processes are followed
Manual gross to net and net to gross calculations on payslips each payrun
Calculating PAYE, NI and Apprenticeship levy amounts payable
Completing payroll reports and send to clients, ie General Ledger
Sending of regulatory compliance, FPS, EPS, Auto enrolment and Apprenticeship Levy
Creating BACS files for payment of employees; and where necessary set up calendar invites per annum
Issuing online Payslips, P60s and P45s to employees.
Keeping up to date payroll schedules/calendars
Keeping up to date client service definitions
Preparing reports and monitoring on EY key performance metrics
Maintaining a good working relationship with clients and other EY employees/teams
Review of Billing Reconciliation Template with hires, leavers, number of employees and any additional agreed fees
Review of prepared bills in mercury
Checking previous bills have been paid and are up to date
Sending Billing to clients each month
Participation in ISAE certification process
Participation and understanding of payroll system updates and testing process.
Escalation of payroll issues to Sr. Associates and Payroll Leadership as required.
Skills and attributes for success
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- High IT skills including experience of working with Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- High attention to detail, accuracy and checking own work
- Able to manage own workload and planning around annual leave to ensure all work is covered in their absence
- Ability to handle increasingly high volume of work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment in a serene manner
- Experienced in working towards deadlines and multi-tasking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Critical Thinking – ability to work under own initiative to solve problems either by research or by sign posting how problems can be solved
- Flexibility – to meet demands of position (i.e. quick turnarounds)
- Knowledge of Sharepoint
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 2 to 3 years end to end payroll processing experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of payroll compliance and best practice
- Experience with IRIS Payroll Software
- CIPP or alternative payroll Qualification
- Understanding of payroll compliance including AE, RTI, Apprenticeship Levy, Employment Allowance
- Understanding of financial service regulatory processes such as know your client and anti-money laundering
What we look for
- Team player with an ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Highly motivated and able to handle large volumes of work in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent communicator in range of situations
- Detail oriented, able to work accurately and swiftly
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
- Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!