Risk Management - Independence Manager (Acquisitions) - London
Independence Manager - Acquisitions
Within the professional services environment, appropriate risk management is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services and promotion and protection of our brand. Within EY, the Risk Management (RM) group (which covers audit Independence, anti-bribery, anti-money laundering, data protection, enterprise and business risk, and other risk and regulatory areas), is responsible for the promotion, protection and support of risk management within the business. The group aims to uphold our business standards, maintain and enhance the value of the brand, and ensure that the firm complies with the rules and regulations imposed on it in relation to the conduct of its business.
The UK Independence Team forms part of the UK&I Risk Management Group (“RM”) which reports directly to senior management
Due to significant planned growth in the business, EY Risk Management is looking to significantly expand its UK Independence Team. A vacancy now exists for an Independence Manager within the firm Acquisitions area of the team.
This is a permanent, full time position based in London and prior Independence experience is a significant advantage for applicants to this position.
Your key responsibilities
Your day to day responsibilities will be focussed on providing independence support related to ongoing business acquisitions contemplated by EY UK. Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting Independence analysis in respect of potential acquisition targets, initial checks of feasibility of an acquisition from am independence perspective and supporting the EY Corporate Development team who lead on the Acquisitions
- Managing full Independence due diligence exercises with respect to potential Firm acquisitions – including reviewing third party relationships of the acquisition target, primarily covering review of their engagement scope of service and business relationships, as well as personal independence issues relating to employees and owners of the target
- Managing the resolution, documentation and communication of independence matters identified as a part of acquisition due diligence
- Managing independence aspects of integration of the acquisition target into EY post completion
- Supporting UK Independence Leader and Directors with the preparation of matters to be reported to the EY Board and other governance bodies in respect of acquisitions
- Working with the EY global independence network dealing with cross-border matters related to acquisitions
- Setting clear targets and monitoring performance and progress of other EY acquisition team members against timetable
- Provide training and support to offshore colleagues in EY overseas ‘shared services centres who are involved in acquisitions, including reviewing their output and assessing the quality of work they produce, and providing feedback as required
As time allows, your role may also involve supporting a varied and broad spectrum of the activities in matters outside of Acquisitions undertaken by the Independence function including providing advice to the business concerning non-audit services for audit clients, Firm business relationships, and other ad-hoc independence matters.
What we look for
We are looking for someone with the following attributes / experience:
- Independence professionals with current experience at Manager level. If currently at Senior Associate level (or equivalent), significant experience at that level and evidence that the individual is ready to step up and act as a Manager.
- Alternatively, Risk Management/Compliance professionals currently working at a manager level.
- Experience of managing a team
- Familiarity with a range of UK investment products and vehicles
- Individuals with audit/assurance or other relevant professional qualifications with experience in quality/risk management/independence procedures.
- A strong working knowledge of the concept of Ethics and Independence, in particular under the UK FRC Ethical Standard, IESBA Code of Ethics and USSEC regulations.
- Extensive experience of other financial services related rules and regulations.
To qualify for the role, you must
- Take a proactive and commercial approach to resolving complex and difficult independence challenges while ensuring compliance with the internal/external regulations
- Have strong project management skills and proficiency at driving projects to a close working to pre-determined deadlines and meeting objectives under pressure
- Be capable of working using own initiative,
- Be able to communicate with colleagues at all levels particularly delivering tough messages to senior leaders within the firm
- Have strong analytical and interpretation skills, with an ability to think strategically and handle complex concepts
- Be adaptable and flexible with good team working skills
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Profession type
- Advertising / Marketing / PR , Management
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!