UKI Assurance - Data-driven Investigations & Compliance - Manager - London
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture, and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our clients tell us they want to be told something about their business they don’t already know, they want insights they aren’t getting from their systems and people. A role in Forensics and Integrity Services will give you great access to a vast array of clients, interesting projects, and data.
EY is looking for a data-driven investigation and compliance professional with 5 or more years of experience working in an Accounting, Investigations or Compliance profession and who has the requisite data analysis background to translate our clients’ needs into innovative, data-driven solutions. As a manager you will be responsible for using your technical skills to creatively identify, assess, and resolve some of our clients’ most pressing challenges.
Your key responsibilities
- Analyse data to extract meaningful insights for our clients and translating those insights into outcome-oriented actions.
- Take responsibility for client pitches and proposals. This may include anything from drafting a proposal to framing a compelling narrative that demonstrates how our solutions can solve our clients’ challenges.
- Use your domain knowledge, skills and experiences, imagination, and investigator intuition to identify ways that we can build better fraud risk indicators.
- Interact with clients on a day-to-day basis in an empathetic manner.
- Work with our Data Science and Data Engineering team in a Product Manager capacity. In this role you will be responsible for gathering user requirements and translating those requirements into actions our teams can take to create value-add assets.
- Be responsible for managing projects from start to finish, including team-resourcing, budgeting, contracting, execution, and wrap-up.
- Be a role model to more junior team members by encouraging their intellectual curiosity, challenging them to do better, and making sure they have fun.
- Dream up creative solutions that push the boundaries on innovative fraud detection tools.
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience performing audits, second-line monitoring, or investigations. Preferably on any of the following types of risks: occupational fraud, procurement fraud, bribery and corruption, money laundering, product diversion to sanctioned countries, terrorist financing, etc.
- Attention to detail, whether performing project management functions to support our quality agenda or working with our data science team to query 1 billion lines of data to identify the trends and correlations.
- Ability to push ego and self-motivation to the side to work collaboratively with a solution focused attitude.
- Proven ability to use technology and analytics to solve business problems, deliver insights, or create recommendations.
- A capacity to demonstrate empathy, vulnerability, and trust.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing deadlines and commitments.
- Knowledge of current and emerging regulatory environments including relevant corruption legislations and enforcement actions and emerging legislations like UK Corporate Reform
- Confidence that your ideas and solutions will be successful and the ability to articulate why.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Significant technical experience analysing data, or leading teams to analyse data, to perform investigations, audits, or monitoring.
- The ability to think critically, creatively solve problems, and leverage lateral thinking to see solutions others cannot.
Strong communication skills with an emphasis on being able to understand a complex concept, break it down into its salient details, and communicate those details to others in a manner that they can then go on and explain the same concepts to others.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Foreign language skills
Experience working with data from Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (etc., SAP, JDE, etc.)
What we offer
- A true challenge: Fraud – in its many manifestations – is notoriously difficult to detect, let alone predict. Working with us, you’ll be expected to come up with novel and substantive ideas – many of which may fail – all in an effort to build a more perfect fraud detection solution.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- Flexible working arrangements: We believe in a hybrid in-person/remote working style that gives you the flexibility to bring out your best self.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!