UKI - Capital Markets - Assistant Manager - London
Our rapidly-growing Capital Markets practice is currently recruiting qualified accountants with strong knowledge of IFRS and extensive experience in delivering assurance services. In return you will benefit from a truly global experience with exposure to cross-border transactions, working with some of EY's high profile clients.
Our EMEIA-wide Capital Markets centre of excellence provides a variety of assurance services to clients who are developing and executing transformational strategies, such as launching an intiial public offering (IPO) both in local markets and in the U.S, implementing improvements to internal controls for example under US SOX and UK Corporate Reform. We provide regulatory and reporting advice across all jurisdictions in international Capital Markets.
This is a high profile role working with some of the world's largest companies and offers an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to the dynamic world of international capital markets. The team has seen year on year double digit revenue growth and significant headcount increases to stake a claim as number one in its market. The opportunity to join the team is therefore one for whom only the highest performers will qualify.
Your key responsibilities
Our rapidly-growing Capital Markets practice is currently recruiting qualified accountants with deep knowledge of accounting (US GAAP and / or IFRS), controls design and implementation and exposure to companies undertaking capital raising strategies. You will benefit from a truly global experience with exposure to cross-border transactions, working with some of EY's high profile clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Delivering technical accounting advice across a range of clients, capital raising strategies and locations across the EMEIA region
- Producing reports and analysis on accounting issues related to capital raising strategies and regulatory matters
- Developing your own portfolio of assurance projects, taking responsibility for delivery on complex deadline-driven engagements
- Building strong relationships with international clients as you help companies execute their cross-border transactions
- Expanding your network as you build relationships with senior stakeholders at your clients and within EY, you will be exposed to the challenges and opportunities this presents
- Providing assurance services to clients under taking capital raising strategies, your technical skills will be stretched and tested as you broaden your knowledge of cross -border transactions, regulatory and compliance matters
To qualify for the role you must have
- Recognised accountancy qualification (ACA or US CPA or equivalent)
- Experience auditing large US- listed companies
- Extensive US GAAP / or IFRS knowledge
- Sound technical knowledge of PCAOB audits and SEC reporting including SOX
- Experience leading on assurance engagements as a Senior/Assistant Manager
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Ability to travel
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of working in a globally recognised accountancy practice
- experience providing assurance services to clients undertaking capital raising strategies is beneficial
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about your career with us and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity& inclusiveness here . We ask because it matters!
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!