Financial Services - Innovation Hub - Data Science Manager in London
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. We’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Are you looking for something a little out of the ordinary?
We have a fantastic opportunity to work within UK Financial Services Assurance focused on innovation utilising technology to augment and enhance our people’s roles.
We need you to help us design, build and deliver solutions and tools utilising a number of technologies including RPA, AI and machine learning that will vastly improve the quality and efficiency of our audits.
Your key responsibilities
- Work with data scientists, RPA engineers, product managers and auditors to ideate software solutions
- Design web apps from ideation to production
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing products
- Day to day management of a team of technologists
- Mentor junior developers and provide regular code reviews
- Write and review technical documentation
Skills and attributes for success
- A focussed and innovative approach to developments in AI and machine learning to solve challenging business problems.
- Utilizing and implementing advanced AI in a creative and strategic way.
- Open to communication and collaboration.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Proven experience as a full-stack developer, particularly in python and Flask
- Experience developing and producing web applications
- Knowledge of front-end stack (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Familiarity with databases, web servers and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Team leadership and/ or mentorship experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Exposure to and/or a keen interest in financial services
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced and agile environment
What we look for
We’re interested in people with an innovative mindset and excellent prioritisation skills. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so we look for people who are highly motivated and able to maintain a high standard of work and attention to detail.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!