Manager, Life Actuarial, London
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY Life Actuarial is hiring! Join our award-winning actuarial team and work with some of the strongest actuarial practitioners on a range of exciting client projects. Our client base is diverse. We work in the insurance sector with traditional insurers and reinsurers both in the UK and globally, with the Life Actuarial practice being a core component of our insurance sector service offering. More broadly we support clients such as asset managers, hedge funds, industry bodies and start-ups, to name a few, who interact with insurers or insurance business.
Our UK team is one of the largest of EY’s actuarial practices globally, regularly supporting both other actuarial teams in different locations as well as other service lines in the UK. The size of the practice and range of projects available gives our team members a diverse and challenging environment to continually develop and learn.
We want actuaries who are not just great technicians but brilliant consultants. Actuaries who can build networks, spot industry trends and solve industry problems. If you are interested, please read on and apply.
We are looking for high performing Managers to join our Life Actuarial practice. As a member of the team, you will be at the front and centre of delivering exciting client work and working with our internal teams to turn the latest ideas into client ready propositions. As a manager you will be in the critical and pivotal role of managing the projects, under supervision of the senior members of our team. This includes liaising with clients and the senior team members, managing the junior team, driving the delivery and managing the operational metrics of the project.
The work we deliver is broad, and includes:
- Traditional reporting and audit support
- Mergers & acquisitions, both buy and sell side due diligence
- Capital management, including regulatory support such as Internal Model reviews/applications and strategic change, such as optimisation, Part VII transfers and independent expert support
- Transformation including accounting change and operational change
- Technology change including analytics, automation and ML/AI
- Investment advisory, supporting both insurers and asset managers interfacing with insurers
Your key responsibilities
- You will manage the delivery of key projects for our clients on a wide range of topics
- You will manage the operational metrics on projects, including working through resourcing, budgeting and scoping with the senior team and clients
- You will create innovative and commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational teams and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership
- You will contribute to and manage the delivery of improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, consistently driving projects to completion making sure that the work delivered is best in class
- You will be expected to manage your time and be responsible for delivering to both clients and internal stakeholders, keeping a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, and escalate issues as appropriate
- Working closely with colleagues, you will create a positive learning culture and coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop
- You will contribute to the development of EY capabilities in technical areas and engage with clients regarding the application of these methodologies to their businesses
- You will collaborate with colleagues outside of UK Life Actuarial to deliver multi-disciplinary and cross-geographical work
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong technical / mathematical skills
- Good communication and project management skills
- Very keen attention to detail
- Good people skills, including ability to work effectively in teams, guiding more junior members of staff and influencing senior team members
- Able to work independently and to demonstrate initiatives and commitment to assigned projects
To qualify for the role you must have
- Successful track record in Life insurance, gained through working for a provider directly or a top tier consultancy or a specialist financial services consultancy
- A degree and Fellowship in the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (FIA) or other internationally recognized professional actuarial association
- Experience managing a team and running a range of projects, including being responsible for the project management
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!