Corporate and Investment Banking Manager in London
While economic recovery looks set to continue in the EU, the financial services sector is still facing tough challenges including, low interest rates, muted client activity, an escalating regulatory burden and intense supervisory scrutiny. This makes it an exciting opportunity to work within a high growth team, where you will play a key role in the support and development of a key EY’s service offering.
At EY we are dedicated to helping our clients navigate the ever changing and complex landscape. Our Financial Services Risk Practice offers strategic and operational services aimed to improve our clients’ ability to assess, monitor and improve their systems and internal controls delivering innovative, dynamic and sustainable solutions. We are seeking to be the leading global provider of integrated content risk, risk-management and regulatory advisory services in the financial services sector and we’re looking for talented people to join us on this journey. Progression opportunities exist for motivated and exceptional performers, and all successful candidates will be provided with structured training and professional development enabling them to meet the requirements of this responsive and fast paced team. Candidates must be flexible and be prepared to work from client locations for the duration of the client engagement.
Our cross-border Regulatory Advisory team is made up of over 73,000 people, including 3520 partners, working across 12 Sub-Areas and 93 countries in EMEIA. The team brings together a breadth of core skills and experience to provide advice and help our global clients assess their options, improve operations and manage their risks as an enterprise wide discipline. We work closely with regulators to help us provide the top UK and EU financial institutions support on:
• Strategic implications of regulation
• Effective implementation of regulatory directives
• Remediation of regulatory issues
• Effective implementation of risk management processes
• Embedding a risk based performance assessment
The Corporate and Investment Banking team works closely with a number of high profile clients in this sector.
The team has undertaken a variety of engagements including implementation of processes around the identification of conduct risk, reviews of governance arrangements at Board and a senior management level, Control Framework development and implementation, Senior Manager & Certification Regime and LIBOR Transition and Regulatory mapping programmes.
The team focuses on Banking Conduct and Controls across a number of regulatory areas. This creates a dynamic team environment providing our colleagues with a wealth of opportunities for personal growth and development. There are opportunities to work with traditional Investment Banks, large Commercial Banks specialising in wholesale capital markets finance and new to market disruptors and start-ups.
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications - External
Your Key responsibilities
- Advise clients with deep technical insights and build credibility based on an understanding of their challenges related to technical matters.
- Assist in preparing risk assessments and annual plans for financial services clients.
- Provide high quality, professional day-to-day execution of engagements and projects in line with firm risk management practices for the financial services practice.
- Work on project team focused on advisory projects and assist engagement management to successfully complete engagement objectives, including: priorities, working papers, internal reports, program development, milestones, roles and responsibilities, risks, outputs, and engagement economics, update stakeholders and escalate scope changes/timelines/issues as appropriate.
- Develop ideas to expand EY’s current offerings and initiate discussions with clients. Identify and communicate findings to senior management and client personnel.
- Supervise project work prepared by more junior professionals, providing feedback and guidance on quality outputs.
- Enable the business development process by gathering appropriate resources, gaining access to key contacts, supervising proposal writing and driving progress to completion.
- Understand firm service offerings and mentor associates, interns, and new hires
Skills and Experience
- Regulatory experience at the FCAPRA/TRADE BODY, a Financial Services organisation, one of the other Top 4 consultancies, or another Advisory firm
- Knowledge of CASS, Senior Manager & Certification Regime, governance, conduct risk, new regulatory developments such as, libor Transition, BREXIT impacts would be beneficial
- Strong academic background which could include the following: 2:1 degree, CII Exams ( FPC / AFPC), CISI Level 4, Prince 2, CeMAP, CeFA and / or Other Financial Services qualifications
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business.
Plus, we offer:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime
EY offers an extended range of training courses from technical to ‘soft skills’ building out our client and market experience and making us stronger and better individually and as a firm as part of EY you will be encouraged to grow and develop throughout your career with us.
Our multi-disciplined teams work on a wider variety of clients and engagements cross-border to provide our clients with a consistent level of service and quality. As a result you will be required to travel, sometimes at short notice and sometimes for lengthy periods of time.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!