Department Supervisor in Norwich
£10.60 per hour + performance related... This position is based at our Norwich store. Core hours are 30 per week plus overtime. Ready to take the next step in your Retail career? Take your knack with customers to the next level,...
£10.60 per hour + performance related incentives
This position is based at our Norwich store. Core hours are 30 per week plus overtime.
Ready to take the next step in your Retail career? Take your knack with customers to the next level, working with your team to wow every Halfords customer you meet. This role is the gateway to management - you’ll have responsibility for the day to day running of a department, supervising and coaching others to deliver market leading standards to our customers.
A key part of the sales floor leadership team, you’ll support the store management team to enable the best service delivery to our customers. Your standards of customer service are already legendary and you’ll have an infectious enthusiasm for our products and services.
You’ll have some key holder responsibility too and will be committed to following all in store security and stock loss procedures.
Back to that gateway to a management role: we invest heavily in training to give our colleagues skills to develop their careers, so whatever career path you want to follow and whatever pace you want to progress, we have the support here to help you make your ambitions a reality, whether it’s in Retail or elsewhere in the Group.
We know that everyone has different priorities at different stages of their lives, so we offer a wide range of rewards and benefits. As well as holiday and contributory pension, you can expect to enjoy:
- 25% off most of our products in Halfords Retail stores and online
- Amazing discounts of up to 60% on your garage bills at Halfords Autocentre
- Discount on Halfords Breakdown Cover, with bike cover as standard for all annual policies
- At least 25% colleague discount at Tredz
- Life assurance
- Discounts on everything from groceries and shopping through to holidays, insurance, days out, restaurants and more
- Employee assistance programme offering free, independent, confidential support and counselling 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Fantastic Trade Price Bike Scheme - buy one bike per year from a range of bikes which have been significantly reduced
- Option to join our Sharesave scheme: save to purchase shares at a 20% discount
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Wagestream – a financial planning app that gives you more control over your pay. Access up to 30% of your pay as you earn it and save automatically from your salary to build a rainy-day fund for the future
- Health Cash Plan - claim cash back towards your healthcare costs and get access to health and well-being services
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Experience of supervising or leading a small team
- Experience of delivering great customer service ideally in a retail sales or a services business environment
- Experience of delivering on the job training / coaching to others
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- A track record of achieving exceptional results against sales targets
- Ideally, you will also have some technical knowledge and skills in motoring or cycling, but this is not essential as technical training is provided – a commitment to your own development is essential!
We’re in an exciting chapter – rapidly growing our business with a focus on motoring services and electric mobility. We’re the UK’s leading retailer of motoring and cycling products and services, and the UK’s largest vehicle service, maintenance and repair business. Join us and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!