Manager - Cyber Security Strategy in London
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
It is an exciting time for our Financial Services Cyber Security practice. We’re looking for Managers to join our ever expanding team of professionals to help us deliver the exceptional client experience.
EY’s EMEIA Cyber Practice is rapidly growing and the UK team is looking for a Cyber Security Manager experienced in working on a range of projects covering the breadth of Cyber Security including: Cyber Strategy Development, Cyber Programme Management and Definition, Cyber Maturity Assessments, Cyber Transformation and Cyber Risk.
You will join an expanding team of over 1,000 Cyber professionals across EMEIA and align to the UK team dedicated to providing Cyber advisory services to leading Financial Services organisations.
Your key responsibilities
UK Financial Services Cyber Security professionals draw upon their knowledge and experience to manage client engagement teams, act as an advisor to a variety of clients and contribute to business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
Drawing on their industry knowledge and experience, professionals provide innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs and contribute to thought leadership. Professionals also actively improve operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, in line with EY’s commitment to quality.
Your role will require you to manage teams or parts of teams on engagements of different sizes under the guidance of Senior Managers and Directors. Your team will look to you to anticipate and identify risks and raise any issues with them as appropriate. As an influential member of the team, you will help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members to assist in their professional development. You will lead by example and act as a role model for our people in the way that you live our values.
- Manage and deliver Cyber Security engagements
- Supporting in client business development activities, including proposal writing and presentations to potential clients
- Support senior members of the team in go-to-market activities across UK in collaboration with our European teams
- Build EY brand awareness and start to build key client relationships
- Assist in managing financial aspects of engagements by organising staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to engagement partners
- Build strong internal relationships within Consulting and across other services
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining, and training Cyber professionals
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experience in advising Financial Services organisations on what good cyber security looks like, based on the cyber security threats and risks they face
- Pragmatic approach to identifying and explaining cyber risks within complex transformation initiatives
- Project management and delivery experience across the following Cyber Security areas: frameworks (e.g. NIST CSF, CPMI-IOSCO, ISO, ‘Profile’ - Financial Services sector-specific distillation of the NIST CSF, etc.), assessments, implementation, roadmap definition (tactical and strategic), strategy, risk identification and management, controls framework, programme management and target operating modelling
- Understanding of the Financial Services Cyber Security threat landscape and the UK Financial Services regulatory landscape (e.g. PRA, FCA, BoE, ECB, MAS)
- Awareness of security standards and regulations within the UK Financial Services sector
- Experience in supporting winning proposals and RFP responses, and working in complex multinational engagements
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience in people management, coaching and development of colleagues
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CISA or CISM is a plus
Ideally you’ll also have:
Some experience, and an understanding of the concepts and terminology in the following:
- Cyber Security architecture design and implementation experience, including Cloud
- Identity & Access Management (IAM) and solutions (e.g. SailPoint)
- Data Loss Protection and Data protection
- Security assessments related to threat, vulnerability and penetration testing (e.g. MITRE, CBEST, Tiber)
What we look for
We look for candidates with experience in the industry, that can prove their knowledge of Cyber regulations and frameworks in the UK. We are looking for people with the motivation and ambition to lead teams and the communication skills required to interact with clients.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!