Shift Leader Apprenticeship - Ashford
Every McDonald’s customer should have a brilliant experience each time they visit. As an Apprentice Shift Leader, you’ll make it happen! Lead the team to be welcoming, deliver a personalised service and connect with customers whilst working towards your Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor apprenticeship.
This vacancy will see you trained initially as a Crew Member, and progress through Crew Trainer all the way to Shift Manager by the end of the apprenticeship.
As a Crew Member, you will be quickly trained through a 6 week course that will transform you to a completely independent team member.
You will be earning between £7.75 and £9.75/hr, depending on your age.
As a Crew Trainer, you will be given given additional responsibility and duties, as an experienced member of the team.
You will be expected to progress into this role after roughly 6 months, earning £10.25/hr
As an Apprentice Shift Leader, you'll quickly learn how to lead the best shifts that consistently deliver the highest standards of quality, service, and cleanliness to uphold the McDonald’s brand. You’ll lead a team that works together to provide the best, quick service, and a great family restaurant experience.
You will be expected to progress into this role after roughly 1 year, earning £12.00/hr
If you've visited one of our restaurants before, you probably have an idea of what is involved in working here. But you might not realise the variety and scope of the role. You'll be working in our fast-moving, high-energy environment and we’re looking for people with leadership and customer-focused behaviours.
What your apprenticeship will offer:
● You’ll work towards a Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor apprenticeship – equivalent to 2 A Levels!
● You’ll receive day to day training in your restaurant and a blended social learning experience for your qualification. This will be delivered on a 121 basis in your workplace by one of our expert Coaches every 4-6 weeks via face-to-face visits or remotely over telephone or Skype
● The apprenticeship is a structured, learner and employer focused development programme designed to create opportunities for lifelong knowledge, skills, and behaviours
● You’ll be assigned an Apprenticeship Mentor who will support you alongside your Manager and Coach throughout your training and in the run up to your End Point Assessment
● They will coach you from your first day and facilitate your 20% off-the-job training as well as support you with your practical and online assessments
What your role will involve:
When working as a Shift Leader in a McDonald's restaurant, you will complete a number of regular tasks which will include:
● Create a positive, dynamic and inclusive working environment
● Display leadership behaviours by coaching your people and providing feedback
● Agree shift targets with area leaders, follow up on execution of the plan
● Communicate shift targets and goals to all team members, energising the team to meet them
● Monitor and coach the correct service procedures with the team
● Work with the Business Manager and management team to communicate and meet team goals
● Attend and participate in weekly managers’ meetings
● Review Crew schedule to ensure staffing meets demand
● Respond to customer complaints confidently and follow customer recovery process
● Communicate food quality and people focussed messages on every shift
● Review training needs for crew and monitor execution of shift training
● Take responsibility for your training in all areas; look for opportunities to improve and develop
● Identify and respond to equipment failure/unplanned activities
● Complete checks to maintain food safety and hygiene standards throughout the shift
● Maintain stock levels and ensure order accuracy and quality and conditions of products received
● Monitor safety and security during the shift
Your working schedule:
Whilst you will have a rota including a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends you might also be asked to work additional hours outside of this at short notice.
● Holiday pay
● Pension scheme
● Flexible working
● Free staff meals & employee discounts on selected McDonald's food
● Opportunities for training and development
● Discounts at major high street retailers
● Exclusive employee competitions
● Service awards
At McDonalds, you will be working towards the Hospitality Supervisor Level 3 Standard over 15 months.
Effective communication skills Attentive listening, face-to-face verbal communication and eye contact are a must
Are you what we need?
● You are friendly, courteous, and helpful; and you work well as part of a team
● You have role model, customer-focused behaviours
● Our doors are open to everyone; you’ll be confident in approaching and dealing with diverse groups of people
● You’ll need to be a supportive Shift Manager and team member and treat all colleagues and customers with respect
● You’ll need to understand the importance of maintaining high standards of quality and service as well as cleanliness
● The ability to maintain high energy levels whilst working both efficiently and productively is essential
● Finally, your appearance should be smart and clean
● You’ll live our core Values every day in our restaurants: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community and Family. To find out more about our Values visit https://corporate.mcdonalds.com/corpmcd/our-company/who-we-are/our-values.html
Being you at McDonald’s:
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our McFamily which includes people from a wide variety of backgrounds, all offering something unique to our company. If you share our passion for delivering great customer experience, you will find a home at McDonald’s!
If you feel you can already demonstrate, or quickly learn the above skills, start your apprenticeship journey, and apply today!
No qualifications required, although previous experience in retail/hospitality is preferred
Once you’ve successfully completed this apprenticeship there are many opportunities to develop and grow your career, and your learning doesn’t stop there – we have higher and degree level Apprenticeships available for you to work towards in the future.
Training to be delivered
Hospitality Supervisor Level 3
Functional Skills in maths and English
- Type of Contract
- Published at
- Profession type
- Bar Staff / Waiters and Waitresses
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!