UKI Assurance - Account Support Coordinator - Newcastle in Manchester
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Newcastle Assurance team in our EY UKI office. In this pivotal role, you will become a key part the engagement and audit team(s) and develop a role as a key driver of efficiencies, effectiveness and project support.
The Project Account Support Co-ordinator is a key member of the audit engagement team(s).
Working as a valued member of UK Assurance, you will interface regularly with EY engagement team members and external client personnel at all levels of seniority.
We are looking for someone who has the autonomy to become a trusted member of the team and will be expected to make independent decisions, exercise sound judgment and discretion, take ownership of processes, coordinating with geographically dispersed stakeholders.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- You will be aligned to a portfolio of directors covering a wide variety of client engagements, and will provide dedicated support on engagement administration and non-technical project administration / coordination.
- Act as a point of contact for engagement teams and clients and deal with non-technical coordination queries and proactively build ongoing internal and external relationships
- Prepare supporting financial analysis on budgets, invoices and cash collection; providing budget support and helping managers maintain the expected levels of margin and revenue.
- Work closely with EYs overseas GDS (Global Delivery Service) team, delegating routine admin tasks - supervise and monitor the work of the GDS function maintaining overall responsibility for task completion
- Participate in training and development of key processes and systems to ensure skills and experiences are maintained and developed
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Ability to multitask and deal with a wide and varied workload and during key busy periods, be able to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining high standards of work
- Numeracy skills and the ability to learn and understand calculation of financial measures
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders, exercising good judgement, knowing when to flag issues and when to deal with independently
- High level of competency in MS Office with advanced level MS Excel
- Strong client service focus and ability to anticipate team / client requirements
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Have an understanding of account management with proven project administration skills
- Experience of tracking actual costs against budget on a project and an understanding of financial measures
- A keen desire to learn, possibly with experience in a professional services or similar environment
- Experience of reporting directly to senior stakeholders on a project
- Be educated to at least 'A' Levels standard or equivalent qualifications
What we look for:
- You will be a confident self-starter who is passionate about the opportunity to work for a large global business. You will need willingness to learn new systems and processes but be able to challenge and improve processes where appropriate. We need you to be adaptable and able to interact effectively with all levels from Senior Partners to First Year trainees, as well as senior stakeholders at our clients.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- Hybrid working: Office in North West, Manchester and Liverpool
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!