Maintenance Officer in Milton Keynes
... If you enjoy creating a well-presented and safe environment then join the team at Chadwick Lodge & Eaglestone View Hospital in Milton Keynes as a Maintenance Officer and be a valued member of the service. As a...
If you enjoy creating a well-presented and safe environment then join the team at Chadwick Lodge & Eaglestone View Hospital in Milton Keynes as a Maintenance Officer and be a valued member of the service.
As a Maintenance Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring the services facilities are fit for purpose and will regularly conduct audits to identify and repair any faults.
Working 37.5 hours a week alongside an established team, you will turn your hand to all maintenance-related tasks, liaising with contractors to support the upkeep of the service.
A range of training opportunities are available that can see your career grow and you achieve your career aspirations.
- Prepare and agree, in conjunction with the Deputy Lead Maintenance and Facilities and Special Projects Manager, a plan of maintenance work for the Unit
- Participate in all aspects of preventative and corrective maintenance on buildings structure and fittings
- Maintain safe working practices when operating hand, power and workshop tools
- Ensure that all electrical equipment is tested (PAT) in line with legislation
- Keep vehicles clean internally and externally. Monitor and report when vehicle maintenance is due
- Support the Deputy Lead Maintenance to carry out a weekly test of the fire alarm and emergency lighting systems and keep accurate records
- Support the external Contractors engaged to carry out installation and repair work within the units
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Experience within a similar role
- General building trade experience
- Ability to paint and decorate
- Basic numeracy and literacy
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £22,296 + Benefits
- £25 per day for doing One in four on call duty
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer:
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 80 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Milton Keynes
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!