Occupational Therapist Assistant in Cardiff
... Are you an Occupational Therapist Assistant looking for a new challenge, where you can be a part of meaningful change? Join Cefn Carnau in Cardiff and feel valued and support as you support people build a brighter...
Are you an Occupational Therapist Assistant looking for a new challenge, where you can be a part of meaningful change? Join Cefn Carnau in Cardiff and feel valued and support as you support people build a brighter future.
Under the direction of a registered Lead Occupational Therapist, you will implement recovery and rehabilitation programmes as required for service users to maximise and maintain their level of independence. You will assist in the provision of an Occupational Therapy service to a specified service user group.
As an Occupational Therapist Assistant ,either working full time (37.5 hours a week) or part-time (22.5 hours a week) you will contribute to the assessment, monitoring, evaluation, and modification of structured activities in order to measure progression and ensure effectiveness.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, you will be supported regionally and will have access to a variety of training and online courses to support your career development and growth.
With a strong emphasis on teamwork, you’ll receive support from a regional network of healthcare professionals and enjoy access to a variety of online and CPD training courses to support you reach your career goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To assist the Occupational Therapist in planning and running therapeutic group sessions.
- To independently facilitate a range of planned group work and individual occupational therapy activities aimed at supporting service users to achieve identified OT goals and CPA / CTP objectives.
- To document service users’ progress in line with departmental policy including entries within Care Notes.
- To provide the Occupational Therapist with written and verbal feedback regarding service users’ progress for submission at service user reviews.
- Work in such a manner so as to ensure positive and co-operative relationships with all colleagues.
- Ensure accurate communication with staff, service users and outside agencies.
- To form professional relationships with service users who often exhibit challenging behaviour and communicate with them in a way that respects their views, autonomy and culture
- Follow Occupational Therapy department processes.
- Ensure that local policies and procedures and protocols are adhered to at all times.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
Experience of working within a mental health setting with at least 2 years’ experience
Strong knowledge of best practices within a mental health setting
The postholder will be required to undertake Breakaway and the Therapeutic Management of Violence and aggression (TMVA) training and this requires a certain level of physical fitness and ability.
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £23,000 (pro-rata) + Benefits
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 80 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!