Financial Services - Professional Practice Directorate - Manager - London
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
This is an exciting opportunity to improve audit quality across the UK firm.
The Professional Practice Directorate (PPD) is responsible for setting policy, monitoring compliance, and supporting the Financial Services (FS) Audit practice to deliver high quality audits. This is achieved by keeping the firm up to date on assurance and audit matters, both external regulatory issues and internal developments, by developing and communicating relevant guidance and policies and by performing a consultation role to teams that perform audits.
Your key responsibilities
You will play a vital role in supporting the Practice in achieving its quality and risk management ambitions, against the backdrop of an ever-changing FS marketplace and regulatory environment.
- Making updates to audit/assurance enablers and templates to reflect changes in methodology or regulatory guidance
- Developing FS specific audit guidance, ensuring that it is up to date and fit for purpose
- Determining any FS specific tailoring to EY’s global audit methodology and updating for changes in UK auditing standards
- Responding to questions from audit teams on the application of the firm’s auditing methodology and risk management policies
- Supporting audit teams through internal and external inspections
- Review of audit team rotation papers and checking compliance with the rotation policy
- Other audit quality / risk management projects which may arise on an ad hoc basis, such as assisting with the firm’s annual audit quality review process
Skills and attributes for success
- A reasonable knowledge of current assurance quality and risk management issues and understanding of recent accounting and auditing developments
- Strong organisational, project management and time management skills with a focus on delivering results and an ability to plan ahead and anticipate problems
- The ability to work calmly under pressure and manage competing priorities
- The ability to develop and maintain strong networks
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Chartered Accounting qualification (or equivalent) coupled with membership of a recognised institute
- Good knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and UK Auditing Standards (UK ISAs)
- Experience managing and delivering Assurance engagements
- Experience in a similar role or recent experience auditing UK listed companies or other large entities
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in an FS environment or within a Big 4 professional services firm
What we look for
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who takes ownership of their role and makes a positive contribution to managing the firm’s risk. You will be a proactive and pragmatic individual who can support as well as develop initiatives and implement them.
What we offer
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!