Manager, Cyber Security Strategy and Transformation in London
Manager, Cyber Security Strategy and Transformation
Cyber security and its related challenges are a rapidly growing field. As such, the opportunities for careers in cyber security are also growing. Physically and electronically securing an organisation infrastructure is one of the steps to creating a secure environment. EY is rapidly growing and investing its cyber security consulting practice
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a meaningful and fulfilling career, with global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology, to become the best version of you.
The team you join - EY’s UK & Ireland Cyber Practice is part of a global cyber team of over 5,000 professionals focused on developing and delivering cutting edge security transformation programmes, cyber threat management, identity and access management, security architecture, data protection and privacy, and resilience services. We are part of a wider advisory organisation that collectively comprises a $4B, and growing, global consulting practice with 18,000 professionals. At EY, we have large scale plans to expand our already market leading Cyber Security practice and anticipate continued growth throughout the next five years. We need excellent people to join us and be part of our exciting growth strategy.
Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The opportunity –
EY is looking for experienced team leaders who can advise organisations on how to define, manage and transform their security. This role will see you take a key position in delivering EY’s cyber security offerings and supporting new pursuits with clients. You will also be expected to take a leading role in building out EY’s cyber services, working with alliance partners and advise clients on the current market trends.
The role will see you providing specialist advice as part of large multi-discipline EY engagement teams working on the likes of cyber transformation and migration, leading specific security engagements reviewing a client’s cyber maturity, advising on improvement roadmaps, assessing a client’s compliance with industry leading practice standards, or optimising cyber defence operations. We value flexibility and breadth of experiences and you may also provide support to other cyber disciplines such as identity and access management, data protection or ‘next generation’ security operations.
You will work with colleagues both in the UK and globally to develop new and innovative solutions and specific industry propositions that solve client security problems/issues and integrate with their overall IT delivery and support strategy.
In addition to the above, you will have an opportunity to work across all aspects of Cyber, Technology and business solutions.
Your key responsibilities -
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Leading client engagements: with responsibility from initial scoping of the work, managing the delivery team and closing out the engagement. You would be expected to also take responsibility for tracking the engagement economics and overseeing the commercial relationship with the client.
- Accountability for the creation of high-quality reports as part of a team. Working with your teams to produce deliverables, performing the initial review to prepare for Partner sign-off.
- Interacting with senior stakeholders– up to and including C-suite (or equivalent) members.
- Identifying sales opportunities and working with senior practice leaders and market leaders in the creation of proposals and marketing material
- Leading and developing junior team members by sharing knowledge, acting as mentor and coach to them and leading by example; you will be expected to be a ‘career counsellor’ to staff and provide guidance on growing their career at EY.
- Creating thought leadership and market materials for selling and promoting EY cyber security offerings
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience working with other (non-cyber) disciplines as part of an integrated team with the ability to see the ‘bigger picture’ of the work that is being produced.
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable working with a diverse range of personalities across client and partner organisations
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
- Be a good communicator with the ability to contribute assuredly to security discussions with peers
- Be a team player who is not only looking to enhance their own career but recognises the value of teamwork, facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
- Be able to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions.
- Be confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
- Structure and manage projects which meet client expectations and mitigate any risks or issues
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality output against stated project objectives and meet tight deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
- Professional experience leading others in the delivery of cyber security either in an operational or consulting role
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions, and ability to work under pressure and under limited supervision (‘self-starter’) in unstructured environments
- Ability to develop impactful written presentations and participate effectively in meetings with senior stakeholders
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Security related qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISMP, ISO27001 lead implementer or auditor, MBCI or IAPP. We value practical experience so welcome applications from those who do not hold, or are still working towards, their qualifications.
- Key project management and delivery experience (waterfall and agile) in the following security disciplines: cyber strategy, transformation and compliance
- Experience supporting Cyber or Service Management major Incidents
- Key sector experience in one or more of the following: Government & Public sector / Energy & Utilities / Retail and Consumer products / Life sciences / Telecoms, Media and Technology / Transport
- Professional services experience working with market leading organisations in the delivery of their cyber solutions
- An understanding of the business structure of consulting organisations; how we deliver work, the nature of our services and are engaged by clients
- Experience working with others in the development and delivery of complex solutions and/or proposition development
What we look for
- Core consulting skills – Advanced data and evidence management, client management on remediation programmes, driving innovation and continuous improvement
- Technical skills – Strong technical insight, practical knowledge and specialist capability
- Versatility – Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to be an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals may be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, consulting, tax, and strategy and transaction services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!