Transfer Pricing Assistant Advisor - Financial Services in London
Transfer Pricing Assistant Advisor – Financial... Join EY Tax as a tax professional and you’ll be helping international and multinational companies align their global tax position with their business strategy, to maintain...
Transfer Pricing Assistant Advisor – Financial Services
Join EY Tax as a tax professional and you’ll be helping international and multinational companies align their global tax position with their business strategy, to maintain competitive advantage and provide shareholder value.
EY’s Financial Services (FS) Tax practice is the largest such practice in the UK with a fine reputation for sector expertise and close, trusted adviser, relationships across a broad range of FS clients including globally systemic financial institutions and niche new market entrants and disruptors. EY’s FS practice is run on an EMEIA basis providing market differentiated capability for seamless client service on the Europe-wide tax advisory projects which the market is demanding.
We are looking to recruit an assistant advisor into our transfer pricing team, who will have the opportunity to work with a globally integrated network of specialists with economics, tax authority, legal and commercial backgrounds. The work is technically challenging, creative and requires you to work closely with our clients’ businesses. Clients are increasingly focused on the risk of double taxation and having appropriate inter-company arrangements in place.
Though transfer pricing practises typically have a combination of advisory and compliance work, the team is heavily focused on advisory with most projects involving planning, policy setting, or dialogue and interaction with tax authorities through APAs or audits. Documentation projects are also often led out of London and so involve putting in the place the initial framework and analysis.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Working with the team and our clients to further your understanding of the commercial working of banks, asset managers and insurance businesses.
- Working with transfer pricing and tax teams in other countries, often performing analyses/evaluations impacting several locations.
- Reading and developing an understanding of transfer pricing technical literature, including the 2010 OECD Report on Attribution of Profits to Permanent Establishments and the OECD Transfer Pricing Guidelines. Understanding evolving legislation on aspects such as BEPS 2.0 on the digital economy and financial transaction will also be important.
- Developing an understanding of the basis of pricing inter-company transactions and pricing within different parts of the same enterprise under the authorised OECD approach.
- Developing writing skills to produce structured and logical technical content for which a prior template / reference content is often limited or not available.
- Working with financial information and public data to analyse comparable pricing scenarios.
- Assisting with client specific business development content.
Skills and attributes for success
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player
- Coaching and developing more junior staff
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Experience as a tax practitioner with reviewing skills
- Working towards or in possession of any of the following preferred qualifications: ATT/ACA/CA/CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA, e.g., law qualification)
- An undergraduate/postgraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience of working in transfer pricing advisory projects or with financial services clients (desirable)
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise, and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!