EY Frank Hirth - Tax Manager - UK PCS Team in London
We are looking to recruit a UK Tax Manager to work within our busy private client team. EY Frank Hirth act for a wide range of international high net worth individuals resident in the UK, in addition to family offices, private equity and hedge fund principals, and high-profile professional partnerships.
We aim to be trusted advisers to our clients and deliver a broad range of tax advisory services.
The services that we deliver include tax return compliance services, advice on residence and domicile issues, transaction and reorganisation advice, optimisation of wealth from a tax perspective, and estate and succession tax advice. Our client base is predominantly international and therefore experience of working with non-domiciled individuals is essential.
The role will be a compliance and advisory role working with the Senior Managers and other team members to assess complex situations provide advice and reach technical opinions.
EY Frank Hirth sits within EY Private, a growing part of the EY business and opportunities also arise for secondments to other parts of the business if desired. There are excellent opportunities for promotion to Senior Manager and beyond.
Your experience will already show that you are a strong Tax Manager with solid and comprehensive UK Tax knowledge. Your previous jobs in Tax will highlight the following essential criteria.
- ATT / CTA, or equivalent qualified by experience
- Previous experience of working at Assistant Manager/Manager level within a private client department
- Experience of working with non-UK domiciled individuals, reviewing experience of arising and remittance basis tax returns and mixed fund analysis.
- Previous experience of remittance planning, offshore account structuring and tax treaties
- Solid, comprehensive and up-to-date UK private client tax knowledge
- Experience of managing a client portfolio
- Excellent internal communication and relationship development at all levels
- Strong communication and organisational skills, including experience dealing with clients in person and via emails/telephone calls
- Demonstrated experience of technical writing for varied audiences
- Ability to work to time based targets
- Ability to work accurately
- Keen attention to detail
- Previous experience of working with clients with US connections would be useful.
- Experience of working on offshore trust matters
Responsibilities will include:
- Build and maintain relationships with clients
- Establishing and developing relationships with colleagues within the wider practice and leverage these to gain work from existing clients
- Responsibility for a client list and all incorporating issues
- Attendance at client meetings
- Technical, personal and administrative development of junior staff
- Review and sign-out of tax returns
- Managing work in progress, debtors and bills
- Risk management assessment and communication with Directors/Partners
- Continually developing and updating own technical knowledge
- Coordination with Management on work-flow and staffing issues
- Participating in decision-making within the management group
- Good interaction with all levels of staff
- Potentially chair Current Development Meetings for technical staff, and active participation in the Director/Manager Current Development Meetings
- Dealing with personnel issues as well as acting as a mentor
- Writing and conducting allocated staff appraisals
- Competent professional and business judgement
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!