Risk Management - Independence Manager (Personal Independence) - London
UK Independence Team – Risk Management – Independence Manager (Personal Independence)
Within the professional services environment, appropriate risk management is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services and promotion and protection of our brand. Within EY, the Risk Management (RM) group (which covers audit Independence, anti-bribery, anti-money laundering, data protection, enterprise and business risk, and other risk and regulatory areas), is responsible for the promotion, protection and support of risk management within the business. The group aims to uphold our business standards, maintain and enhance the value of the brand, and ensure that the firm complies with the rules and regulations imposed on it in relation to the conduct of its business.
The UK Independence Team forms part of the UK&I Risk Management Group (“RM”) which reports directly to senior management
Independence is an area of continued scrutiny by regulators and EY Risk Management now has a vacancy for a new Independence Manager within the Personal Independence area of the team.
The Personal Independence Team is responsible for supporting our partners and client facing professionals to ensure that their personal investments and relationships comply with the firm’s Independence policies and the rules and regulations imposed by external regulatory bodies such as the UK Financial Reporting Council, US Securities and Exchange Commission, The Irish Auditing & Accounting Supervisory Authority and the International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants.
This is a permanent, full time position based in London. Prior Independence experience is an advantage for applicants to this position but not essential.
Your key responsibilities
Working alongside the existing Personal Independence Managers, your day to day role will include:
- Managing our systems, processes and procedures ensuring that we are meeting the requirements of our systems of quality control under ISQM1 and delivering quality at the highest levels
- Co-ordinating updates to regulations and report on the performance and impact on our current systems and controls
- Responding to regulatory requests and findings from practice reviews by preparing appropriate reports and action plans, followed by implementation of the proposed actions
- Analysing and resolving potential Independence breaches
- Working directly with new Partner level hires to ensure they are compliant with Independence requirements prior to joining the firm
- Handling a broad range of personal independence, investment product and pension consultations
- Supporting Independence Partners and Directors on Independence related activities
- Liaising and collaborating with the other Managers and Senior Managers in Personal Independence as well as the broader Independence team to ensure compliance within relevant deadlines
- Setting clear targets and monitoring performance and progress against timetable. Managing and developing members of the personal independence team
What we look for
We are looking for someone with the following attributes / experience:
- Independence professionals with current experience at Manager level. If currently at Senior Associate level (or equivalent), significant experience at that level and evidence that the individual is ready to step up and act as a Manager.
- Individuals with audit/assurance or other relevant professional qualifications with experience in quality/risk management/independence procedures.
- Alternatively, Risk Management/Compliance professionals currently working at a manager level.
- Experience of managing a team.
- A strong working knowledge of the concept of Ethics and Independence, in particular under the UK FRC Ethical Standard, IESBA Code of Ethics and USSEC regulations.
- Experience of other financial services related rules and regulations.
To qualify for the role, you must
- Take a proactive and commercial approach to resolving complex and difficult independence challenges while ensuring compliance with the internal/external regulations
- Have strong project management skills and proficiency at driving projects to a close working to pre-determined deadlines and meeting objectives under pressure
- Be capable of working using own initiative,
- Be able to communicate with colleagues at all levels particularly delivering tough messages to senior leaders within the firm
- Have strong analytical and interpretation skills, with an ability to think strategically and handle complex concepts
- Be adaptable and flexible with good team working skills
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Management, Advertising / Marketing / PR
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!