Part-time Receptionist role in London
We are looking for someone to provide high quality customer focused service and help with general inquiries, as well as administrative support.
What are you going to do:
We are looking for a talented individual to take a role as a receptionist for the school, ensuring that high customer service is provided to pupils and visitors. This could include general inquiries from visitors, parents etc. The level of service provided is very important, due to the fact that you will deal with all kind of inquiries such as feedback, questions, complaints etc.
Your main responsibilities are:
- To act as the first point of contact with parents on a range of matters.
- Be able to use a common sense approach to making decisions.
- To open, sort and distribute post, including that received via the Borough courier service.
- To operate the school telephone, fax and e-mail systems.
- Be responsible for an effective reprographic service is maintained, including requests from staff, supplies of paper across the School etc. This will include designing documents for staff, editing and proofreading information. Be responsible for ensuring that the School always has adequate paper supplies. Prioritising requests for reprographic, so that all work is completed on time.
- To manage and be first point of contact in the School's on-call procedure, effectively dealing with requests ensuring that call-outs are dealt with very promptly deciding the best person to contact and ensuring that a record is kept.
- To carry out general admin tasks e.g. typing letters, mail merging, data entry, designing and completing spreadsheets that can be manipulated to provide relevant information, collating information.
- Undertake administrative duties in respect of pupil attendance, including following up of individual absences, in accordance with school absence policy.
- Ensure that the school reception area and displays are neat, tidy and clean, showing the school at its very best at all times.
- Care for sick pupils and under agreed school procedures to give first aid/medicine where necessary and contacting parents as appropriate.
- Maintain stocks of stationery and office supplies and oversee stocktaking.
With this role, it is important to maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of school-related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information. Besides the above, you will undertake general administrative duties, including Reprographic, dealing with visitors face to face and over the phone, admin support to SLT and Middle Leaders.
The working hours are Monday-Friday from 12.15pm to 4.15pm, with a total of 20 hours per week.
What we offer:
- A hourly rate of £12,03;
- A part-time role for the long run;
- Room for development;
- The opportunity to work within a vibrant area;
What we ask:
- At least finished high school
- Great hospitality and multitasking skills;
- Work well within a team.
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'apply now' and we'll contact you as soon as possible!
- Education Level
- College, University, Other
- Working hours per week
- 16 - 20
- Type of Contract
- Part-time jobs, Temporary full-time jobs
- Salary indication
- £12.03 Per Hour
- Responsible for
- Undertaking reception duties
- Profession type
- Teaching / Instructors / Guides, Receptionist
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!