Retail Banking - Regulatory & Payments - Manager in London
Retail Banking - Regulatory & Payments -... London or... In today’s rapidly advancing world, what clients, EY people, and all stakeholders want and need from EY is changing – innovation and agility is more important than...
Retail Banking - Regulatory & Payments - Manager
London or Birmingham
In today’s rapidly advancing world, what clients, EY people, and all stakeholders want and need from EY is changing – innovation and agility is more important than ever. In order to deliver long-term value for our clients at EY, we are looking for minds made for financial services who can meet these demands.
This will mean using your technical knowledge as well as your ability to work in a team to deliver for your client. Our team works with some of the most prestigious financial firms in the world, and as a Senior Consultant you will be an integral part of this.
Financial Services is changing. We are striving to lead this transformation with our clients. Success in this role requires that you understand the regulatory and competitive landscape our clients operate in and that you can work with them to help them see the implications for their business.
Managers in our team lead others, while also working as part of a wider EY team of Senior Managers, and Directors to provide knowledge of the industry to determine and deliver solutions including the latest regulatory technology. Our clients consist of traditional retail banks, payments firms, consumer credit firms and asset managers and increasingly new market entrants who are innovating in this space. We are looking for individuals with experience in providing payments solutions, who can manage their team to generate innovative ideas and deliver novel regulatory solutions.
At EY, our Advisory professionals work with some of the world’s most recognized brands to tackle today’s complex issues and capitalize on opportunities that help them to grow, optimize and protect their businesses now and in the future. Our people are part of diverse, multidisciplinary, high-performing and highly connected teams that bring the best of EY to our clients.
We’re currently growing our Regulatory Advisory team across all capabilities to help meet increasing demand, including the Retail Banking team. We are delivering a number of large scale and strategic projects with some of the UK’s biggest banks, asset managers, payments firms, and other types of financial institutions.
The provision of financial services and the associated controls firms require are evolving in new and interesting ways. Technological advancement, changing consumer behavior, and competition are driving this change, and we are working to build suitable new regulatory solutions with our clients. The solutions and skillset our clients require is increasingly not just traditional regulatory insights, but also an ability to understand the opportunities offered by technology in delivering new innovative solutions.
Your key responsibilities
- You will understand the regulatory changes our payments face, including large retail banks, and deliver analysis and insight to help them work through these changes
- You will support the development of EY service offering. In particular, you should have an understanding of the payments ecosystem to help clients solve their regulatory challenges
- Lead complex workstreams or projects to deliver outstanding quality results often within a complex and challenging environment
- Lead analysis of emerging solutions and innovative ideas, including the development of EY points of view
- Build a diverse and high performing team for each project, considering the needs of the team and the client, to enhance the development and capability of others to support their career development
- Lead effectively as a team member, delegating, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- You will be involved in preparing high quality reports that draw out key industry and regulatory insights
- You will get involved in client campaigns; from researching new regulations to assisting effective business implementation
- You will develop presentations that are clear and impactful, translating EY services into meaningful value propositions for clients
- You will help identify where information should be sourced, and lead your team to draw this evidence together as the foundation on which your team will base recommendations
- You will manage engagement financials, working with the team to determine whether requirements are adequately defined and documented
Skills and attributes for success
- A clear understanding of the strategic implications of regulation
- Demonstrable awareness of regulatory trends and the emergence of regulatory technology solutions
- Being able to translate regulatory requirements into business solutions
- Involvement in and awareness of the remediation of regulatory issues
- Understanding of payments regulatory frameworks across UK, European and Global regulatory jurisdictions
- Strong stakeholder management of senior personnel
- Building relationships with colleagues across Advisory and the wider business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture
- Strong insights into areas of Payments such as the New Payments Architecture, Open Banking, and Authorised Push Payment fraud.
- Being able to explain regulatory requirements to your client and team, and translate them into action
We are looking for individuals with
- Relevant regulatory experience within payments the retail financial services. This may be from working at the financial authorities, a large financial services organisation, or a dynamic new market entrant. It may also be that you have worked for another consultancy firm, or relevant industry body.
- Knowledge of the payments regulatory framework and current UK, European and Global regulatory topics
- Great communication skills, with the ability to work with a variety of stakeholders at all levels and to envision the bigger picture
- Awareness of and insights gained from payments industry fora, such as implementation of ISO20022, and an ability to apply these to regulatory analysis
- Flexibility – both in your approach and your openness to travel where required by the client
- Enthusiasm and a real desire to work effectively as part of a team to achieve shared objectives
- Clear evidence of successful performance in previous roles
- The ability to demonstrate leading a team to help a client understand and adapt to regulatory change
What we are looking for
You’ll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specialising in regulatory matters. You will have strong experience of Payments. Ideally you will have experience on regulatory implementation/reviews. This may include having worked on product/customer reviews, regulatory enforcement, customer remediation programmes or preparing clients for Regulatory visits.
We are also looking for individuals with experience developing or introducing regulatory solutions for a fast-changing sector. This is ideally suited to professionals who enjoy working in a diverse, collaborative and teaming environment.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!