Manager - Cloud Cyber Security 1 in London
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
It is an exciting time for our UK Financial Services Cyber Security practice. We’re looking for a Cyber Security Architect (Manager) to join our ever expanding team of professionals to help us deliver the exceptional client experience.
You will join an expanding team of over 1,000 Cyber professionals across EMEIA and align to the UK team dedicated to providing Cyber advisory services to leading Financial Services organisations. We are part of a global cyber team of almost 8,000 professionals focused on developing and delivering cutting edge security transformation programmes, cyber threat management, identity and access management, security architecture, data protection and privacy, and resilience services. At EY, we have large scale plans to expand our already market leading Cyber Security practice and anticipate continued growth throughout the next five years. We need excellent people to join us and be part of our exciting growth strategy.
EY’s EMEIA Cyber Practice is rapidly growing and the UK team is looking for a Cyber Security Architect (Manager) who can create, assess, advise and architect cyber and cloud security based services. This role will see you take a key position in developing EY’s cyber security capabilities. You will also be expected to take a supporting role in building out EYs cyber security services, working with alliance partners and advise clients on the current market trends.
The role will see you providing specialist advice as part of large multi-discipline EY engagement teams working on the likes of cyber and cloud transformation and migration, leading specific security engagements advising on the development and adoption of secure architecture patterns, secure software engineering practices such as DevSecOps, or optimising cyber defence operations.
You will work with colleagues in the UK and globally to develop new and innovative security solutions and specific industry propositions that solve client problems/issues and integrates with their overall IT delivery and support strategy.
Your Key Responsibilities
UK Financial Services Cyber Security professionals draw upon their knowledge and experience to manage client engagement teams, act as an advisor to a variety of clients and contribute to business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
Drawing on their industry knowledge and experience, professionals provide innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs and contribute to thought leadership. Professionals also actively improve operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, in line with EY’s commitment to quality.
Your role will require you to manage teams or parts of teams on engagements of different sizes under the guidance of Directors and Partners. Your team will look to you to anticipate and identify risks and raise any issues with them as appropriate. As an influential member of the team, you will help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members to assist in their professional development. You will lead by example and act as a role model for our people in the way that you live our values.
- Managing a portfolio of Cyber Security engagements with our clients, responsible for the day to day running of the engagements including meeting quality, time and budget targets
- Working with prospective clients to agree, scope and plan the delivery phase of engagements
- Contributing to developing the market for cyber security services across all sectors, identifying sales opportunities and working with senior practice leaders and market leaders in the creation of proposals and marketing material
- Leading and developing team members by sharing knowledge, acting as mentor and coach to them and leading by example
- Creating thought leadership and market materials for selling and promoting EY Cyber Security offerings
- Assist in managing financial aspects of engagements by organising staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to engagement partners
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining, and training Cyber professionals
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
- Be a good communicator with the ability to contribute assuredly to technical security discussions with peers and management
- Be a team player who is not only looking to enhance their own career but recognises the value of teamwork, facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members, and is capable of motivating teams to maximise performance
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
- Be able to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions.
- Be confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
- Structure and manage projects which meet client expectations and mitigate any risks or issues
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience in advising Financial Services organisations on what good cyber security looks like, based on the cyber security threats and risks they face.
- Broad cyber security experience with a combination of technology involvement, business knowledge and risk awareness.
- Demonstrated ability to impact security architecture and engineering decisions for critical business services.
- Natural ability to negotiate with business to balance risk with business opportunity, while ensuring ongoing compliance and regulatory needs.
- Knowledge of current security best practices, common exploits, and threat landscape.
- Strong experience of providing technical guidance to team members for complex decisions including cryptography, network design, application security, data protection, identity and access management, cloud security etc.
- Adaptive communication skills to influence cross functionally without direct authority, comfortable speaking with customers and business partners at all levels. Effectively translate security and risk management terminology into business terms.
- Understanding of the Financial Services Cyber Security threat landscape and the UK Financial Services regulatory landscape (e.g. PRA, FCA, BoE, ECB, MAS)
- Experience working with a range of security governance frameworks and standards, such as ISO27001, NIST SP800-53, PCI-DSS etc.
- Security and Cloud related qualifications such as: CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, TOGAF, SABSA, and/or vendor architectural qualifications in: AWS, Azure and/or GCP.
- Experience in supporting winning proposals and RFP responses, and working in complex multinational engagements
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Proven track record of supporting business development
- Professional services experience working as a client-facing consultant with market leading organisations in the delivery of their Cloud Security solutions (not essential)
- Cyber Security architecture design and implementation experience, including Cloud
- Security assessments related to threat, vulnerability and penetration testing (e.g. MITRE, CBEST, Tiber)
What We Look For
- Core consulting skills - Advanced data and evidence management, client management on remediation programmes, driving innovation and continuous improvement
- Technical skills - Strong technical insight, practical knowledge and specialist capability
- Market/Sector knowledge - Demonstrable market/sector expertise in your field
- Versatility - Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
- Team management: Motivation and ambition to lead, coach and train teams
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!