Manager - SAP Finance in London
Technology Consulting – SAP Finance – Manager –... At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on...
Technology Consulting – SAP Finance – Manager – UK
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY Technology professionals focus on harnessing the power of technology to unleash human potential. They seek to deliver innovative tech-based solutions and in doing so, enhance our market impact and improve service delivery
Are you fascinated by technology, automation and strategic business and technology consultancy? Do you have the consulting skills to resolve complex technology and business issues? Are you able to use your business insight and technological expertise to identify how our clients can find new revenue and value-producing opportunities?
Do you possess the right mindset, experience and capabilities to transform our clients business towards a digital enterprise enabled by SAP S/4 HANA? Are you willing to deepen your current IT/Business skills in a high-performing environment?
Then the opportunity is now!
Having undergone a paradigm shift in recent years, SAP offers an innovative high-performance real-time platform and solutions which meet the needs of end-to-end digitised enterprises. Our EY SAP team is focused on working with our clients to leverage these SAP innovations and create business value. This could for example mean:
- Helping clients plan their route to S/4HANA from their current landscape
- Re-defining a finance functions financial processes based on S/4HANA to reduce both Opex and Capex,
- Optimising Sales & Operations planning by utilising the possibilities of granular and real-time forecasting and data to improve insight, or
- Creating strategic insight by adopting SAP predictive analytics to better understand customer behaviour and prevent potential customer churn whilst growing the top line.
We are looking for technology-minded, business-focused and creative senior consultants with a passion for bringing context to SAP innovations and ability to demonstrate how it can help transform our clients’ day to day operations. We are looking for people who have been there and done it, who want to keep close to the technology and who want to deliver solutions that have optimum impact on their clients. We are looking for people who can bring in their own business knowledge to engage at all levels with EY clients.
Your key responsibilities
In your role as an EY Consultant in our Technology Service Delivery, you will have responsibility for designing & delivering key aspects of our projects and transformation programmes within our client base. You will be expected to:
- Deliver strategic and operational change
- Support / deliver the cost/benefits case
- Manage a work stream on a client facing engagement
- Engage and collaborate with clients’ stakeholders across all levels of the organisation
- Build excellent client relationships
- Work as part of a high performing team, mentoring junior members of staff
As a Manager you would be expected to:
- Act as a line manager to Senior Consultants and ACPs
- Develop excellent client relationships
- Influence stakeholders across all levels, including CEO
- Deliver with the use of proven project methodology
- Mange profitable engagements
- Council and mentor more junior members of staff
- Generate sales according to Advisory targets.
Skills and attributes for success
You will have knowledge and experience of the following:
- SAP software solutions – Underpinned with strong functional process knowledge and an ability to contextualise technology and deliver business value
Designing and delivering SAP solutions (incl. evidence of displaying thoughtful insight) in one or more of the following areas:
- SAP ECC
- SAP S/4HANA
- SAP Finance
- SAP Project Systems
- SAP Group Reporting
- SAP Central Finance
- SAP Analytics, performance management and Reporting
- SAP Financial planning solutions – BPC and/or SAC for Planning
- SAP Ariba
- SAP Concur
To qualify for the role you MUST have
- The ability to Manage projects independently from ‘Discovery’ phase through to go-live by applying as well as technical and business knowledge
- The ability to structure teams, manage work streams and create end to end solutions
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English and ability to build ‘Trusted Adviser’ relationships
- The ability to define and evaluate end-to-end finance business processes and its integration with Procurement, Sales, Supply chain, Manufacturing, Payroll and HR etc.
- Ability to capture and translate business needs into functional specifications
- Able to lead and facilitate customer workshops
- Ability to lead in presales activities and product demonstrations
- A deep understanding of the Technology Development Lifecycle
- Strong project management techniques experience with Waterfall, Hybrid-Agile and Agile methods (e.g. Scrum, Lean, Kanban)
- Willingness to travel as required in relation to working at Client Sites on specific engagements
Ideally, you’ll also have
- 8+ years of experience in complex SAP delivery
- Experience of project delivery using SAP Activate
- An understanding of business transformation including Target Operating model definition and benefits case development
- Be qualified or working towards an accounting qualification
- Holds SAP certification
- A progressive approach to SAP implementation, experience of SAP solution architecture
- An understanding of the SAP roadmap and industry trends
- Exposure to the given market would be advantageous
What we look for
You will be comfortable working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, where you operate collaboratively with clients to help them digitize their business processes utilizing the latest SAP technology. You will add value by contextualizing, designing and delivering solutions within your domain expertise, you are expected to continuously develop your skills and product knowledge, staying up-to-date with SAP’s innovations and leveraging this to provide insight and creative solutions.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next from a technology and consulting perspective.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!