Retail Food Safety Manager in London
Vacancy... We are looking for a Retail Food Safety Manager to join us on a Full Time and Permanent basis, based in London and surrounding areas. ... £35,000 to £38,000 (depending on experience) Work... 40...
We are looking for a Retail Food Safety Manager to join us on a Full Time and Permanent basis, based in London and surrounding areas.
£35,000 to £38,000 (depending on experience)
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with weekend cover on a rota
We have an exciting opportunity for a food safety professional to join our Technical Team within the Retail Region. You will lead the management and development of all food safety and quality management systems in retail to enable products to be produced and sold to the specified safety and quality.
- Collecting, collating and communicating KPI data to schedule
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date documentation
- Leading and contributing to the development and implementation of quality standard operating procedures
- Leading Retail HACCP teams; reviewing, updating and maintaining HACCP systems and procedures
- Investigating and following through non-compliance and incidents relating to enforcement and serious food safety complaints
- Liaising with the Regional Technical Manager and Retail team to ensure customer complaints and investigations are handled and completed correctly
- Ensuring micro sampling and data management is completed as directed
- Taking responsibility for raising the standards of hygiene and microbiological performance with operation
- Liaising with Pest Control contractors to ensure commitments are met and to raise awareness of issues
- Liaising with local Authority Representatives to provide problem resolution
- Contributing to training activities where necessary
- Demonstrating enthusiasm and encouraging teams in line with Company Values, promoting a culture of leadership
Level 4 (advanced) Food Hygiene qualification
A formal food industry related qualification, ideally HNC/ Degree in Food Science/ Technology
1-2 years minimum technical food experience, would consider graduate in food safety.
Food retail or production background
Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail
Proven questioning, probing and investigation skills
Effective influencing and persuading skills
Report writing skills
IT literate – intermediate word, Excel and use of a Database system
Full UK driving license
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 5 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will be invited to participate in our Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 7.5% of your salary, subject to the Company meeting certain performance criteria.
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- Defined contribution management pension scheme
- Death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year’s salary
Other benefits include
- Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.
Job Segment: Retail
- Type of Contract
- Part-time jobs
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!