Machine Learning Engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne
Vacancy... This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled data professional to join the Greggs Data Platform Team and wider BI function as we roll out first class BI solutions to support the reporting and data needs of our...
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled data professional to join the Greggs Data Platform Team and wider BI function as we roll out first class BI solutions to support the reporting and data needs of our stakeholders.
This is a fixed-term position based at Greggs Innovate House in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Competitive salary, depending on experience
Our usual working hours are Monday- Friday, however due to the nature of our business we may require you to be flexible. Working is currently home based; however, this is subject to review.
Reporting to the Data Platform Lead the role will be responsible for delivering and supporting the Greggs Azure data platform in support of the BI strategy and striving for a quality service delivery. As a Machine Learning Engineer, you'll have the ability to make a significant impact to the organization by contributing to the delivery of Machine Learning and AI solutions across IT.
You are passionate about building great solutions and inspiring others to do the same. You understand the value of data to a business and the competitive advantage it can bring when used in the right way. You want to help push the business forward to deliver best in class BI solutions.
- A conceptual understanding of Data Science and its applications in business settings
- Experience working with data in at least one language eg.Python
- An awareness of cloud platforms such as Azure/AWS and their relevant components for Data Science
- Experience generating large databases from various sources of structured and unstructured data
- Practical experience using predictive models to get results
- Building scalable machine learning pipelines and using feature engineering and optimisation methods to improve data set performance Mentoring other developers to support knowledge transfer within a team
- Excellent business-facing skills, with an understanding of requirements-gathering and translating business requirements into technical solutions.
- Experience of working in dynamic business environments.
- The ability to self-start with a proactive approach to daily tasks, overcoming problems and maintaining momentum.
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders and other teams around the business.
- Excellent communicator.
- Digital literacy, being proficient in standard office tools used in change management (e.g. Excel, Word, PPT) and more creative use of other tools/technology to help communicate or facilitate.
The successful candidate may be able to demonstrate
- Experience of working in or knowledge of food-to-go or similar retail business environment.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Experience managing Azure infrastructure and cost.
- Experience automating business processes
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 5 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will be invited to participate in our Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 10% of your salary, subject to the Company meeting certain performance criteria.
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- Defined contribution management pension scheme
- Death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year’s salary
Other benefits include
- Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Type of Contract
- Part-time jobs
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!