Business Intelligence Analyst in Newcastle upon Tyne
Vacancy... The Business Intelligence Analyst role is a permanent, full time position based at Greggs House / Innovate House in Newcastle upon Tyne. As Business Intelligence Analyst you will be responsible for delivering and...
The Business Intelligence Analyst role is a permanent, full time position based at Greggs House / Innovate House in Newcastle upon Tyne. As Business Intelligence Analyst you will be responsible for delivering and supporting the new Power BI toolset in support of the BI strategy and striving for a quality service delivery.
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Here at Greggs, we love what we do, we have fun and we welcome everyone. We're hard-working, but above all else we're family; and it doesn't matter who you are, where you're from or what your favourite bake is, we’d love you to join us!
We want everyone to feel welcome at Greggs and our colleagues to be able to be themselves at work, whatever their background, preferences, or views.
Circa £35,000 Depending on experience
Our usual working hours are Monday- Friday, however due to the nature of our business and the supporting service there is a requirement that the role covers rota weekend standby cover. Also due to the nature of delivery to the business we may require you to be flexible. Working is currently home based, however this is subject to review.
- Strong understanding of BI concepts and tools.
- Ability to take business customer requirements, understand them and turn them into a powerful story told through engaging visuals in Power BI.
- Skilled in Power BI and other visualisation tools.
- Experience of designing conceptual and logical data models.
- Experience of DAX calculations.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Confident communicating with stakeholders of all levels including the ability to advise, train and support our business customers where necessary.
- Experience of working in dynamic business environments, and managing delivery of multiple initiatives.
- The ability to self-start with a proactive approach to daily tasks, overcoming problems and maintaining momentum.
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders and other teams around the business.
- Microsoft Azure DevOps experience desired
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 5 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will be invited to participate in our Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 10% of your salary, subject to the Company meeting certain performance criteria.
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- The Management Pension Scheme is supported by a free life assurance scheme. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year’s salary
Other benefits include
- Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way, we know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing, with your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Type of Contract
- Part-time jobs
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!