Transport Administrator in Stoke-on-Trent
The Groom Room at Pets at Home is looking for Apprentice Groomers to join our quickly expending Groom Room business.
Full-time, £21,600 - £21,600
Salary: £21,600 - £21,600
Contracted Hours: 37.5 rising to 39 when moved to Stafford
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stanley Matthews Way, Stoke-on-Trent , Staffordshire, ST4 8GR
Working as an integral part of the Transport distribution operational support team, the Transport Administrator will focus upon several key areas to assist in the smooth running of the Department and the wider Distribution business and contributing to the DC’s performance commitments.
- Maintaining and further developing the current backhaul supplier portfolio by identifying and implementing additional opportunities for the business.
- Engaging with all key stakeholders daily, including Supply team, Goods in and Transport across both sites.
- Manage the daily backhaul activity to agreed KPI’s and SLA’s through effective communication with suppliers, DC operations and external transport providers.
- Provide clear and concise information daily on expected intake and collections, ensuring that any amendments are reflective.
- Specific responsibility for the maintenance and monitoring of the backhaul log and weekly invoicing / cross charging.
- Reconcile and generate payment requests for completed services, identify and dispute discrepancies and maintain weekly KPI pack.
- Identify internal continuous improvement opportunities with key stakeholders and implement agreed changes in conjunction with the Transport Operations Manager.
With you you'll bring with you:
- Teamworking skills
- Strong customer focus
- Drive to succeed and achieve tasks to high standards
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to plan & work to deadlines
- Efficient in IT and Microsoft packages
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Commercial awareness and previous distribution experience
What’s in it for you:
- 33 days annual holiday (including Bank holidays), rising to 36 days after 2 years continuous service
- Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Birthday Leave - 1-day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member)
- Your Reward Hub benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
At Pets at Home, we’re committed to making sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, care, and products. It’s what’s driven our success.
As we continue to grow, so does the demand for our pet care supplies. That’s why we’re expanding our teams.
Join us, and you’ll see that we’re not any old distribution centre. We want to be the best pet care company in the world. And to help us get there, we aim to do the best for our colleagues.
We’ll be upfront about this. We’re moving to a bigger, brand-new purpose-built facility in Stafford in 2023.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 21-11-2022
Expiry Date: 06-12-2022
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Profession type
- Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!