Distribution Centre Academy Trainer in Stoke-on-Trent
The Groom Room at Pets at Home is looking for Apprentice Groomers to join our quickly expending Groom Room business.
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stanley Matthews Way, Stoke-on-Trent , Staffordshire, ST4 8GR
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award-winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
We are currently building a brand new 657,000 square foot distribution centre in Redhill, Stafford. We intend to conduct a phased transition of all existing operations from our two current distribution centres, Stoke and Northampton, over a 12-month period.
About the role
We are recruiting for a Distribution Centre Academy Trainer to support our current Stoke and Northampton distribution centre colleagues and the colleagues moving forward in our new Staffordshire Fulfilment Centre.
Reporting to the L&D Academy DC Lead, working closely with the L&D team and DC People team, you will be responsible for all learning imitative content creation, delivery and evaluation.
This is an exciting brand-new opportunity to be hands on in all elements of training, designing and creating new programmes/courses, delivering and upskilling transitioning colleagues to the new fulfilment Centre.
Due to the nature of the roles, we are looking for applicants in the interim to work from the existing Stoke Distribution Centre, occasionally travelling to our Northampton Distribution Centre, with the future role location being in Staffordshire.
Please note that, due to the nature of shift work within our Distribution Centres, you will be required to work in conjunction with shift patterns from time to time, and so outside of the normal 9am to 5pm.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the L&D DC Coordinator and Academy training team to ensure all training solutions are relevant and regularly reviewed for improvements
- Building and maintaining internal stakeholder relationships to understand learning needs, being an expert in L&D providing advice and guidance
- Delivery of SQP qualification and support with SQP CPD requirements
- Supporting the induction programme design and delivery
- Creation of blended learning programmes and CPD for colleagues
- External relationships with key stakeholders to help support our learning needs
- Processing and approving invoices, keeping track of budget spend
- Working in partnership with the other Academy Trainers to ensure learning is group shared, best in practice for our pet care eco-system and as a peer network
- Ensuring learning initiatives are communicated timely and to the appropriate audience
- Supporting with the delivery of outplacement support programme
- Ensuring colleagues are compliant and completed relevant training
- Delivery of management and leadership programmes
- Ensuring colleagues are compliant on their compliance training
About your experience
- have significant relevant experience of operating at training level
- have distribution centre experience or relevant knowledge
- have L&D creation and delivery experience
- be focused on continuous improvement, focusing the attention to detail and measuring outcomes based on data, trends, analysis and review
- be a clear, articulate and confident communicator – able to engage and influence key stakeholders
- be engaging, knowledgeable and passionate in education and training
- be meticulous in ensuring quality and consistency in delivery of training for a variety of diverse audiences
- be strategic in mind set – value to business
- have excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- hold an Insights accreditation (Desirable)
- hold a TAP/CIPD qualification (Desirable)
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
About our purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 09-12-2022
Expiry Date: 17-12-2022
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Profession type
- Customer Service
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!