Services Assistant in Belfast
Our vision is to be the most trusted retailer, where people love to work and shop. That means harnessing the talent, creativity and diversity of our colleagues to ensure that customers receive great service.
West Belfast Store
£10.25 per hour
Since opening our first shop in 1869, we've made a lot of Christmases merry and bright. Over the last 150 years, our food and drink offer might have changed, but our passion for outstanding customer service remains just as strong. You'll be joining the team at our busiest time of the year and helping us to continue our tradition of creating fantastic experiences for millions of customers.
Whilst many of our roles will be temporary over the festive period, there may also be permanent opportunities available - please check the contract type and hours before applying to ensure that the role is right for you.
If you like variety and helping people – really making their day – this could well be a role you’ll love. As a Services Assistant, you could find yourself in the office, completing tasks on the shop floor, serving a customer on the checkouts or in one of our petrol stations.
This job is about doing the right thing for our customers and making sure you really wow them with the best shopping experience possible. After all, that’s what will keep them coming back. So you’ll be the friendly, professional face on check outs, our self-service tills or in the kiosk – you could even help customers pick up their click and collect parcels.
In fact, you’ll be doing everything you can to make things simple for our customers, from dealing with complaints, refunds and price control, to putting up posters and advertising, or doing the right thing to ensure we’re meeting the rules and legislation for working with petrol. One thing’s for sure – we’ll give you the training you need to do a great job and you’ll be part of a dedicated team, all working and winning together.
You don’t need to bring any experience to do this role. What matters is that you’re able to deliver a friendly, efficient and seamless service and you’re able to be yourself. Because that’s what our customers really want. Show us you’re passionate about getting involved and working at pace. And, if you’re open to working flexibly when things get quiet, that’s even better.
Please note, to work in the Petrol Station you need to be aged 18 or over.
Alongside a market leading rate of pay, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – provided after 4 weeks that gives you 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Discount is increased at Sainsbury’s to 15% every pay day for five days plus 15% at Argos on selected weekends during the year.
- Additional benefits for Christmas 2022 - to support our colleagues this Christmas, once you have 4 weeks' service, we will uplift your Sainsbury's discount to 15% at Sainsbury's from mid-November through to January 2023. Argos discount will increase to 15% for one day every payday Friday until Christmas. Plus, all of our stores will be providing free food and hot drinks for Colleagues working over the festive period.
- Generous holiday entitlement - based on the hours you work.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to save directly from your pay to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares each time you are paid to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to Unmind (a mental wellbeing app) and our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing emotional support, practical information and guidance on a wide range of topics, such as legal information, financial information and short-term counselling.
- Colleague networks – a range of internal networks that create an environment where every single colleague can be themselves and fulfil their potential.
- Cycle to work scheme – hire a bike and accessories, saving on tax and national insurance.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
- Type of Contract
- Part-time jobs
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!