Financial Services - FAAS Insurance - Wealth & Asset Management - Assistant Manager - Bristol
Senior /Assistant Manager – Wealth & Asset Management, Finance Accounting... ... The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team specialises in helping clients implement changes to regulatory and financial reporting.
Senior /Assistant Manager – Wealth & Asset Management, Finance Accounting Advisory
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team specialises in helping clients implement changes to regulatory and financial reporting. FAAS operates across a global network and the UK with a dedicated team focussing on Financial Services clients. Given the dynamic and innovative landscape of financial services and products, FAAS specialists must deal with the added complexity of understanding and implementing financial accounting and regulatory change in a constantly changing environment.
We’re looking for exceptional Senior Consultants/Assistant Managers in Wealth and Asset Management (WAM) who can help support our ambitious growth plans and deliver solutions that will enable our clients to achieve their desired business outcomes. We are interested in hearing from strong financial accountants with experience within WAM who are keen to deliver advisory projects.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. We are the market leader in advising financial services clients, evidenced by the large number of accounting, regulatory change and conversion engagements we are working on.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant/ Assistant Manager within our FAAS team you will specialise in WAM and work closely with Finance clients to apply logic and analytical techniques to solve complex Finance business problems. As a recognised expert, you will provide valuable insight and advice to support client’s strategic and operational decisions. You will also assist EY senior management in leading engagement teams and support practice development activities including contributing to thought leadership pieces, running industry events, delivering training or managing team communications.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting delivery of WAM accounting and regulatory change projects by assessing engagement risks and driving conclusions.
- Assist clients through the provision of advice, the delivery of implementation projects, investigation and resolution of technical accounting and regulatory issues.
- Work with the financial and regulatory reporting teams of our clients to help deliver financial information and to improve reporting processes.
- Preparation of underlying materials as well as leading/participation in client workshops.
- Establishing and managing effective working relationships with peer-level clients as part of project delivery roles.
- Contributing to business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new / existing clients.
- Contributing to the development of your own and the team's technical skills by establishing a culture of highest performing teams, inclusive behaviours, and emotional intelligence.
- Managing the sharing of knowledge, experience (positive and negative) and lessons learned.
- Hands-on consulting experience at a Big 4 or top tier consulting firm within Financial Services focusing on the Finance function. Alternatively, 3-5 years industry Finance experience leading change programmes or leading a Line function at a WAM organisation.
- Experience working with large wealth and asset management firms, and knowledge of their business propositions and operating model such as investment products, fund accounting, asset servicing, investment operations etc.
- Experience of designing and implementing Finance Operating Models and Finance Transformation, including location and service model strategy.
- Accounting and regulatory change e.g., IFRS9, IFRS15, IFPR - supporting clients to understand and address complex change, and supporting delivery of programmes / projects.
- Experience on drafting Process Documentation for finance process/operating model within Microsoft Visio/other tools.
- Financial Control and governance - including internal management and external statutory reporting.
- Financial modelling, budgeting, business planning, forecasting and analysis
- Finance operating model design and implementation
- Balance sheet management and financial resource optimization
- Finance Cost Reduction, Cost reporting and management
- Experience of using / implementing Accounting Rules Engines
- Experience with business readiness and trainings activities for preparing finance function for system changes.
To qualify for the role you must have
- An Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent).
- Regulatory exposure in any of the following: MiFID II / MiFIR, Basel, IBOR, CRD and CRR, SFTR, CSDR or IFPR with proven ability to interpret and document analysis and conclusions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to people across all levels of an organisation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Professional certification in Wealth and Asset Management.
- Experience in project management or a leading role in the delivery of business change or technology transformations.
- Experience on bringing to life finance Data visualisations tooling capabilities through dashboarding tools e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Tableau.
- Experience with Finance Data Management, Interrogation or Transformation.
- Experience with implementation / use of automation tools with RPA, blockchain or AI capabilities for accelerating finance processes through their use e.g., Alteryx, Blue Prism and Blackline.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!