Tax Team Assistant, North - Global Compliance & Reporting - Mat Leave Cover in Leeds
The... Our tax team provides tax advisory, compliance and assurance services to corporate clients across various industry sectors. For example, we regularly advise Multinationals on their global strategy, including overseas...
Our tax team provides tax advisory, compliance and assurance services to corporate clients across various industry sectors. For example, we regularly advise Multinationals on their global strategy, including overseas companies looking to locate in the UK and UK headquartered companies looking to expand their operations and activities overseas. We frequently work with our overseas network of EY offices to provide seamless tax advice to our clients across the world, which provides valuable international experience for our teams.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Tax Team Assistant to join our team, responsible for performing administrative tasks related to the engagement lifecycle of clients in the Global Compliance Reporting department of EY UK Tax.
There are 6 national Cluster engagement admin teams in GCR, each led by an experienced Cluster Lead TTA. The successful candidate will be part of the North Cluster and will support a team of approximately 50 client servers covering our Leeds, Hull, Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle offices. The successful candidate will operate from a cluster inbox and collaborate with colleagues onshore (UK) and offshore (India/Phillipines) and will be expected to work from home for 3 days a week and from the office 2 days a week. The candidate will be expected to attend all required training, team calls, and meetings.
Learning & understanding of EY systems, applying learnt knowledge in processing and operating as a part of a GCR support cluster team under an oversight and management of experienced GCR Cluster TTA Lead. In addition, you will undertake the following tasks as part of supporting their allocated client teams:
- Mercury and MDM tool maintenance: opportunities creation, pipeline updates, MDM updates.
- Engagement code processing: drafts of pricing plans, transfers of budgets, billing, code releases/closures.
- PACE processing: draft and maintenance of PACE forms (Process for Client and Engagement Acceptance). Maintenance or related PACE tools, e.g. GIS and MDM.
- CDD team liaison (Anti-money Laundering admin support).
- Tax quality: various contracts drafts production - MSA, SOW, EA, PSM
- DocuSign processing: upload of contracts and organising EY and client signatures. Electronic filing.
- GEAR processing: tracking and uploading of signed contracts to Global Engagement Agreement Repository.
- EYI processing: set up and maintenance of libraries and workspaces for e-filing and related maintenance.
- OWM / OCT admin assistance: set up new users, clients, entities and workflows on OneSource tool.
- E-filing assistance: Tax returns submissions to HRMC on OneSource tool.
- Producing and circulating monthly pipeline reports
- Supporting the client teams with respect to managing engagement margins through the form of ETC’s (Estimates to Complete).
- Ad hoc on shore project assistance.
- Attendance of TTA national and cluster training calls.
- Completion of all required TTA learning and development courses as assigned nationally or by Cluster Lead.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Ability to quickly grasp new tasks, develop new skills and learn engagement cycle matters.
- Keen attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, confident dealing with different stakeholders.
- Ability to problem solve and flag up issues quickly.
- Good co-ordination skills and ability to prioritise.
- Willingness and flexibility to work across the region and in different national clusters when required.
- Team player, high energy, enthusiasm, and positive attitude.
- Be receptive to changes in processes.
Experience and qualifications:
- Excellent IT/Technology skills e.g. proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint.
- Power BI knowledge useful.
- Experience gained in an administration/customer service role.
- Evidence of working well under pressure.
What we look for:
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!