Pensions Modelling and Capital Manager
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis, accuracy, efficiency, and control to frame and influence business decisions.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Pensions Modelling and Capital Manager
Support the shaping of pensions modelling, strategy and stress testing for the Group, to champion effective management of pension risks and associated stress testing focused capital requirements. The Pensions Modelling and Capital Manager will maintain and enhance stress testing, asset and liability modelling processes, associated governance processes and contribute to the management of pension and other post-employment benefits risks and will liaise with Risk, Finance and Human Resources (HR) colleagues across the globe.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and/or support pension modelling work as required, in particular Pillar 2A and other stress testing deliverables such as annual Bank of England exercise, US Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), Climate focused stress tests and other internal stress tests
- Lead and/or support requirements for quantitative modelling from third party vendors; exercise of controls for data inputs (e.g. pension scheme asset and liability data) and onward communication of model outputs and their limitations
- Support requirements for quantitative pension Risk Appetite modelling and reporting.
- Lead and/or support key pension Management Information production and reporting from a central system including establishing the capability to report on pension plans climate exposure
- Lead and/or support alternative funding/investment strategy work via Asset/Liability management (ALM)/modelling/scenario analysis
- Support Internal Model Risk Governance, Independent Model Review and Internal Audit requirements and reviews
- Lead and/or support global pension projects as needed to enhance governance and risk management practices around the globe with a focus on model monitoring, stress testing, capital and corresponding management of pension schemes globally
- Help prepare papers on stress testing, modelling and capital for the Global Pension Risk Management Meeting (GPRMM), Pension Model Oversight Forum (MOF) and various Review and Challenge forums and other senior bank committees