Infrastructure Data Engineer
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains, we are currently seeking an experienced Infrastructure Data Engineer HSBC Technology.
Primary job responsibilities
Design, develop and maintain the next generation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux platform, with a focus on constructing and managing pipelines, provide all services via APIs, increase automation, availability, and performance. Work with our Agile Teams, Architects, and Customer Success Managers, to identify and implement optimal solutions for the platform and our customers.
You should have specialist experience with:
- Fluentbit and Fluentd technologies
- Fluentbit and fluentd architecture knowledge
- Installing and configuring fluentbit and fluentd
- Detailed knowledge in support and troubleshooting fluentbit and fluentd
- Experience integrating fluentd and fluentbit plugins with third party products
- Experience automating fluentd and fluentbit deployments
You should have good knowledge of
- Linux Operating System
- Comfortable working within Linux command shell
- Bash scripting skills
- Linux operating system metrics
- Product Engineering and technical testing
- Creation of test plans and expected outcomes
- Test plan execution and completion records
- Test automation within a CI/CD pipeline
- Source Control experience specifically using Git and GitHub tools
- Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment through CI Pipelines
- Jenkins and Ansible product knowledge is beneficial
- Infrastructure as Code experience using puppet and heira
- Good understanding of IaC concepts
- Ability to read and understand puppet manifests, modules and heira structure.
- Exposure to other IaC tools like terraform would be beneficial.