- Degree qualifications in Computer Science, Information Engineering or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- A Good Understanding of Network hardware and Software, and general IT Support principles
- A broad understanding of IT hardware, software, operations, and networks
- A track record of being a good team player with an honest and open communication style, being reliable and striving to deliver an excellent service to the customer
- Ability to actively participate in Crisis response and recovery
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within limited timescales
- Strong experience working in an IT or infrastructure support role
- Ability to manage and prioritise service delivery within a diverse and constantly changing technical environment.
- Excellent inter-personal skills including the ability to influence peer group good negotiation skills.
- Understand and interpret complex business and IT requirements
- Proven ability to prioritise competing demands for time and resources
- An ability to lead and manage large projects with a solid understanding of project management principles.
Additionally, the following would be advantageous:
- Experience working in a large scale IT deployment supporting Financial Services
- Experience of making prompt and practical business decisions, even in times of ambiguity, considering various perspectives and taking responsibility for outcomes
- An understanding of the regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services and experience of working within these
- Practical experience with one or more of the following: DDI (DNS, DHCP and IP Address Management), QIP, Infoblox, efficientIP, Nokia AMS/AMM, F5 GTM / Big-IP DNS, SQL, Unix
- Proficient in setting up and manage the modern configuration management, infrastructure as code tools, CI/CD tools (e.g. Ansible, Jenkins , Git, GitHub)
- Experience of working with / applying agile principles
The role location is Sheffield however we can offer home based working contract
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Telephone: +44 2078328500