Agile Test Manager
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains, we are currently seeking an experienced Agile Test Manager to join HSBC Technology.
Brief overview of the business areas
As part of the Global ISO20022 RTGS implementation, the Agile Test Manager will supervise and oversea the testing delivery of global payment services assets implementation & rollout in countries where RTGS implementation dates for ISO20022 have been declared. The Agile Test Manager will ensure consistency, quality, completeness and timely execution of country test plans. The position will require to work collaboratively with various cross functional teams including business to oversee the testing for the organisation. The role will report and accountable to POD Lead.
What you will be doing;
- Collaborate with POD leads to support their delivery of milestones on time, to cost and quality.
- Contribute to and act as a point of decision around test approach, strategy, planning, execution and escalation on behalf of programme & portfolio stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of JIRA to own defect management lifecycle.
- Ensure ‘automation 1st culture’ using Tricentis TOSCA to automate sanity, smoke, regression and implements ‘in sprint’ or ‘n-1’ sprint automation in all POD’s by working with the regional pods including MX pod
- Functional understanding of payment architectures, core payment processing solutions and underlying payment business processes.
- Maintain roadmap of ISO20022 test and release activities, identifying, resolving and where necessary escalating conflicts, as well as managing relevant dependencies with other programmes/interlocks.
- Agile Scrum/Kanban & SAFe experience preferable. Experienced in Agile (Scrum/Kanban) working methodologies, Schedule demos for stakeholders, conduct stand-ups, lead sprint planning activities.
- To monitor, measure, control and report on the test progress, the product quality status and the test results, advising on test plan adaptation and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
- Ensure effective defect management including triaging governance. Proactively identifying situations where defects block or delay test progress and escalating as necessary.
- Provide daily and weekly status reports to the programme governance leads to have an overall view (dependent upon the data available from the federated teams).
- Provide input into Post Implementation Review.
- Maintain roadmap of ISO20022 activities, identifying, resolving and where necessary escalating conflicts and defects, as well as managing relevant dependencies (other programmes/interlocks) for the testing portfolio.
- Identify, create and maintain governance artefacts per the processes and tools including JIRA & confluence.
- Enables sharing of resources, methodologies, tools and techniques for project success across the organisation.
- Identifies and develops test management methodology, best practices and standards.