Chef in Milton Keynes
... The words ‘chef’ and ‘social life’ don’t often go together. Well, not this time. With this job you will not work evenings, you will only work 4 days a week, and you will not be under heavy pressure and stress. ...
The words ‘chef’ and ‘social life’ don’t often go together. Well, not this time. With this job you will not work evenings, you will only work 4 days a week, and you will not be under heavy pressure and stress.
Join our kitchen team at Chadwick Lodge & Eaglestone Hospital in Milton Keynes to prepare and cook meals on a large scale for the staff and service users. You will also provide guidance and training to support your team.
It’s a calm and pleasurable working environment, where you’ll be able to manage your workload and enjoy creating meals. There’s a great social aspect to this role where you can interact with people outside the kitchen regularly.
Just imagine… home in time for dinner every night. Three days off a week. And not stressed to the hilt.
- Assist in the completion of monthly audits of the catering provision to ensure standards are maintained
- Ensure that the catering service meets the nutritional and dietary needs of the service users.
- Ensure the catering service provides meals to staff and company visitors in accordance with the Company policies and procedures
- Take the lead in the production of a menu plan, providing a varied diet within budgetary restraints
- Ensure that any maintenance and servicing of catering equipment or the environment is reported to Facilities Manager/maintenance
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Relevant Qualifications
- Previous experience in a similar environment.
- Management/Supervisory Qualification
- Previous experience in delivering a service on mass.
- Ability to lead and train a team.
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £21,714 + Benefits
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Milton Keynes
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!