Occupational Therapist Assistant in Exeter
... Are you an Occupational Therapy Assistant looking to work for a company that supports, values, and recognises your dedication to delivering great healthcare? If so, this role might be for you. Working 24 hours a...
Are you an Occupational Therapy Assistant looking to work for a company that supports, values, and recognises your dedication to delivering great healthcare? If so, this role might be for you.
Working 24 hours a week within the Occupational Therapy department, you will contribute to the assessments, monitoring, evaluation, and modification as you assist in the delivery of therapeutic inventions within a 1:1 and group setting.
As an Occupational Therapy Assistant at Pinhoe View in Exeter you will observe service users' behaviour, ability, and response to activities, which will see you communicate this to the wider team, where you will keep concise and informative records of sessions and assessments through Carenotes and occupational therapy documents.
A range of CPD and training opportunities are available that can see your career grow and achieve your aspirations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To work as part of the Occupational Therapy Department allocated to a specific named ward.
- To assist Occupational Therapists, Primary Nurses and other MDT staff in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual care plans.
- To work in conjunction with other OTAs to develop a hospital-wide out of hours structured activity programme
- To assist in delivering a high standard of support and care to patients and their carers, promoting their equality, dignity and mental wellbeing at all times.
- To contribute to risk assessment and care planning.
- To work with individuals to facilitate access and engagement in a range of activities, working across boundaries of care and organisations.
- To ensure that patients understand and are assisted to engage in pathways of care across sector/agency boundaries.
- To work with patients to achieve their identified goals and access appropriate services provided on a regular and consistent basis.
- Positively promote rehabilitation towards independent living.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- GCSE/O-Levels (A-C) or a relevant NVQ2
- Previous experience within a relevant healthcare environment and/or similar role
- Knowledge of occupational therapy
- Verbal and written communication skills
What you will get:
- Annual salary between £20,000 - £22,000 (pro-rata) + Benefits
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts, special offers and much more.
About your next employer:
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!