Bank Chef in Middlesbrough
... Are you a Chef looking for the perfect work/life balance? If so, this might be for you. Join our kitchen team as a Bank Chef at The Bridge to prepare and cook meals on a large scale for the staff and service...
Are you a Chef looking for the perfect work/life balance? If so, this might be for you. Join our kitchen team as a Bank Chef at The Bridge to prepare and cook meals on a large scale for the staff and service users. You will also provide guidance and training to support your team.
You will be preparing and cooking lunch and dinner for staff and service users without being under heavy pressure and stress.
It’s a calm and pleasurable working environment, where you’ll be able to manage your workload and enjoy creating meals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to planning menu’s taking into account special nutritional, dietary and ethnic needs.
- Participate in food purchasing thorugh established procedures with an emphasis on cost and quality.
- Participate in food costings through effective cost control procedures.
- Maintain good food storage procedures and stock rotation according to established procedures.
- Prepare and cook meals to a consistently high standard.
- Present and package food as required for distribution.
- Assist in food service when necessary
- Take charge of the department in the Head Chef’s absence, to ensure that service requirements are met.
- Co-ordinate the production and distribution of food throughout the hospital.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant Qualifications
- Knowledge of COSHH (essential)
- HR and staff development Experience
- Previous experience in a similar environment.
- Management/Supervisory Qualification
- Previous experience in delivering a service on mass.
- Ability to lead and train a team.
What you will get:
- Hourly salary of £11 + Benefits
- Subsidised meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!