Bank Cook in Newport
... Are you a Chef looking for the perfect work/life balance? If so, this might be for you. Join our staff bank at Renee Court as a Bank Chef and enjoy the flexibility of picking up available shifts to suit you. ...
Are you a Chef looking for the perfect work/life balance? If so, this might be for you.
Join our staff bank at Renee Court as a Bank Chef and enjoy the flexibility of picking up available shifts to suit you.
You will be preparing and cooking lunch and dinner for staff and service users without being under heavy pressure and stress.
It’s a calm and pleasurable working environment, where you’ll be able to manage your workload and enjoy creating meals. There’s a great social aspect to this role where you can interact with people outside the kitchen regularly.
- Maintaining good food storage procedures and stock rotation according to established procedure
- Preparing and cooking meals to a consistently high standard
- Serving service users, staff and visitors with food and beverage in a professional and courteous services manner
- Preparing and producing foods for conferences and banquets
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- GCSE or equivalent English
- City & Guilds 706/1 and 2 (or equivalent) Basic Food Preparation Cooking
- Basic Food Hygiene (Intermediate desirable)
- Supervising qualification or working towards
- Experience preparing and producing quality food to a high standard
- Knowledge of menu planning and costing
What you will get
- Hourly rate of £11 +12.07% Uplift
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Mandatory training
- Flexible Working
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!