Chef/Cook in Brighton
... Are you passionate about cooking? Brighton and Hove Clinic is looking for a highly motivated Chef/Cook. Join our kitchen team at Brighton and Hove Clinic to help prepare and cook patient and staff meals. In...
Are you passionate about cooking? Brighton and Hove Clinic is looking for a highly motivated Chef/Cook.
Join our kitchen team at Brighton and Hove Clinic to help prepare and cook patient and staff meals. In this role, you will ensure meals are nutritious, appetising and taking account of any special requests or dietary requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and cook nutritional, fresh home cooked meals patient and staff.
- Supervising catering staff ensuring their quality of work continues to meet required operational standards and the company’s Assured safe catering policies and guidelines.
- Taking full shift responsibility for the catering operation (in the absence of the Head chef).
- Ensuring the cost-effective and efficient control of stock including placing orders for food products and the checking/ reconciliation of deliveries. Ensuring that wastage is minimised.
- To assist the Head Chef in the development of the menu in consultation with dietician and catering staffing, and young people
- Undertaking the cleaning of the Kitchen and equipment to ensure the kitchen is maintained to a high level
- Attend training course as required
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Ability to prioritise work and use own initiative.
- Works well as a team and leads by example.
- Good communication skills as you will be interacting with young patients as well as staff.
- Experience of working as a chef/cook in a catering /hospital environment
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of company guidelines, Codes of Practice & legislation
- Basic food hygiene is required but training will be given
What you will get:
- Hourly rate of £12.50 for 36 hours per week.
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!