Commercial Legal Counsel in High Wycombe
Costa Coffee – Commercial Legal... Joining a dynamic, forward-thinking company with a global presence, owned by Coca-Cola, which is growing exponentially worldwide across multiple channels, including...
Costa Coffee – Commercial Legal Counsel
Joining a dynamic, forward-thinking company with a global presence, owned by Coca-Cola, which is growing exponentially worldwide across multiple channels, including Costa branded retail stores, Express vending, Ready To Drink and other FMCG goods. We are looking for a qualified commercial solicitor to join our highly regarded legal team. Bringing experience gained from a leading law firm or a busy in-house legal department, this role will work across the Costa businesses both UK and internationally, where the successful candidate will be involved in a wide variety of great quality work.
A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values: we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee shop brand in the UK and, as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we’re on a journey to be the world’s most loved coffee brand; we don’t settle for mediocre. We’ve come a long way from the Costa brothers’ first roastery in 1971: today, we are a total coffee company that delivers great coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Alongside our much-loved stores, this includes our Costa Express machines, At Home and Ready to Drink range, and partnerships with some of the world’s largest companies. Costa is proud of its collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth potential.
A bit about the role...
You will be supporting Costa’s UK and international businesses by providing commercially focused legal advice across a diverse range of issues and negotiating on a broad range of commercial agreements. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Preparing and negotiating a range of agreements for Costa`s UK and international businesses, including store franchise agreements, revenue share agreements, sales of goods, logistics and distribution agreements and intellectual property licences.
- Working as an integral part of the international business units build and grow multiple channels in multiple countries.
- Supporting the procurement and supply chain functions on contract drafting and negotiation.
- Advising the global brand and marketing functions to ensure compliance with applicable laws and codes of practice.
- Recognising and advising on competition law risks and issues. Supporting with delivery of competition compliance training and monitoring / enforcing compliance.
- Supporting the business on disputes, M&A and other corporate activity as required.
- Contributing to improving efficiency and ways of working, including by developing and updating template agreements and self-service tools and delivering legal training.
A bit about you…
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, you’ll need to have the following attributes and experience:
- Solicitor with post-qualification experience at a leading law firm or in-house legal department.
- Demonstrable experience in drafting, negotiating and advising on a broad range of commercial contracts.
- Experience of instructing and managing external counsel.
- Some knowledge and experience of competition law or an interest in developing expertise in this area.
- Experience of franchising and of working on cross-border projects would be beneficial..
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Desire and drive to take on new challenges in a rapidly-expanding, fast-paced business.
What we can offer...
We’re on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with good flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA Healthcare
- Costa Pension Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
Location / Travel: Remote with regular travel to our office locations in London and Loudwater (near High
At Costa Coffee, we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do.
#nowisthemoment to join
- High Wycombe
- Profession type
- Bar Staff / Waiters and Waitresses
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!