Chef in Leeds
... ... To prepare and cook meals on a large scale for the staff and service users. Assisting with specific nominated tasks ensuring that they are compliant with all Elysium Healthcare policies and guidelines....
To prepare and cook meals on a large scale for the staff and service users.
Assisting with specific nominated tasks ensuring that they are compliant with all Elysium Healthcare policies and guidelines. To ensure that nominated tasks are completed on time and that any other assigned duties are completed when required.
- Preparing and producing quality food to a high standard (essential)
- Knowledge of menu planning and costing (essential)
- Some supervising experience (essential)
- Health and Safety (desirable)
- Food costing (desirable)
- Experience conference and banqueting
- Participate in food purchasing through established procedures with an emphasis on cost and quality control.
- Participate in food costings through effective cost control procedures.
- Maintain good food storage procedures and stock rotation according to established procedures.
- Prepare and cook meals to a consistently high standard.
- Present and package food as required for distribution.
- To serve patients, staff and visitors with food and beverage in a professional and courteous services manner.
- To assist with the checking of incoming supplies and putting them away in the designated storage areas.
- Distribution of foods
- Preparing and producing foods for conferences and banquets
- To ensure that all areas/equipment within the kitchen and onsite vending machines are cleaned to a high standard using appropriate chemicals following manufacturer’s instructions.
Health and Safety
- Comply with the provision of the Health and Safety and Welfare Act 1974 and relevant legislation, ensuring the provision and maintenance of a safe environment for all members of the hospital community
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene throughout
- Set a professional example in work methods, procedures, personal presentation, timekeeping, flexibility and hygiene.
- To take on responsibility as shift leader where appropriate and to ensure that service requirements are met
- Attend training sessions to maintain required level of competency.
- Delegate duties as appropriate
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required from time-time.
- To actively participate in maintaining the physical, relational; and procedural security to ensure the safety of all
- GCSE or equivalent English
- Good general standard of education (essential)
- City & Guilds 706/1 or equivalent (essential) Basic Food Preparation Cooking
- City & Guilds 706/2 or equivalent (essential) Basic Food Preparation Cooking
- Basic Food Hygiene (essential)
- Intermediate Food Hygiene (desirable)
- Supervising qualification or working towards
Skills / knowledge
- A high level of numeracy (essential)
- Able to communicate with patients, visitors and staff at all levels (essential)
- Able to cope with ease under pressure (essential)
To improve services in the interests of the service users, carers and the organisation informed by current best practice guidance.
- Discusses with line manager changes that might need making to own work practice and why
- Adapts own work, takes on new tasks as agreed and asks for help if needed
- Helps evaluate the service when asked to do so
- Passes on any good ideas to improve services to line manager or appropriate person
- Alerts manager if new ways of working, polices or strategies are having a negative impact on the service given to users or the public.
Day to day contact with:
- Service users
- Catering Team
Elysium Healthcare, as the UK leader in specialist psychiatric services, operate throughout England and Wales caring for people with mental illness, learning disabilities and acquired brain injuries. It also provides employee assistance programmes.
It is the objective of Elysium Healthcare Services to be the independent sector provider of choice in our field. We are committed to responding positively to customer needs and to delivering services of measurable quality.
The business has four types of customer; service users, staff, purchasers and external agencies.
Patients may suffer from mental illness, personality disorder and/or learning disabilities. Service users at the unit are detained under the Mental Health Act. Referrals are taken from many sources including psychiatric hospitals, prisons and courts.
The workforce of the organisation is multi-disciplinary; a significant proportion of those are employed within the clinical disciplines. In addition, other departments provide support services.
All employees have a responsibility for the safeguarding of service users detained within Elysium Healthcare. Employees have a duty to attend the training provided by Elysium Healthcare regarding Safeguarding Adults and Safeguarding Children. Employees must make themselves familiar with the types of abuse, the signs that abuse has taken place and the definition of an adult at risk of neglect or abuse. Employees will report all safeguarding incidents to their line manager and use the IRIS document to record all the required detailed information.
About Our Benefits
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- Birthday leave
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Career development
- Voluntary Benefits
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Health / Medical
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!