Forensic Data Analyst, Manager, Belfast
Manager, UK Forensic Hub in Belfast - Integrity & Compliance / Data... Despite the best efforts of regulators, internal controls and risk departments, corruption and corporate fraud continue to challenge businesses and...
Manager, UK Forensic Hub in Belfast - Integrity & Compliance / Data Analytics
Despite the best efforts of regulators, internal controls and risk departments, corruption and corporate fraud continue to challenge businesses and governments across the globe. From asset misappropriation to financial statement fraud, no entity is immune. Society’s growing expectations in relation to Integrity, coupled with the increased transparency afforded by technology, pose an ever-changing landscape to all business leaders. When facing acts of fraud, government regulatory inquiries, major litigation or transactional disputes, clients know that we have the investigative experience they need, when they need it, where they need it.
The UK Forensic Hub in Belfast is a multi-disciplinary team of data-focused professionals that work alongside compliance professionals. The data-focused team members practice the full life cycle of data analysis from the early stages of data discovery and capture to its management, analysis and reporting. The compliance professionals support clients to leverage the data analysis produced by the data-focused team and perform transaction testing of key attributes and high risk areas. Our engagements typically require working with large clients whose datasets come from disparate sources to support compliance engagements.
We are now looking to hire a manager who will play a unique role in this multi-discipline hub; this role will require you to be a part of and/or lead cross functional teams comprising of both analytical and compliance resources to deliver innovative, large-scale technology driven solutions.
Your key responsibilities:
Because all clients have unique issues, it’s no exaggeration to say you’ll never be doing the same type of client engagement for too long. You’ll work with our clients’ legal counsel, internal audit and compliance departments investigating complex issues and developing practical solutions that address operational challenges. You’ll also support our clients to proactively monitor and address important risks within their businesses. A key part of your role will be to lead, coach and support small teams working on these different types of assignments. It’s all about using and developing your technical skills to creatively assess and resolve our clients’ needs from the front lines, producing robust deliverables which contribute to Building a Better Working World.
- Mentor, develop and lead teams of diverse individuals and varying sizes; ensure that deadlines are met, and high-quality outputs are produced
- Communicate with clients to scope projects and gather requirements
- Be responsible for end to end delivery of projects across the full lifecycle
- Explain the outputs of our analysis and create innovative insights for our clients
- Actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, consistently driving projects to completion
- Establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external networks
- Support business development activities such as the pursuit of new commercial opportunities or developing materials for client presentations and pitches, etc.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Strong academic qualifications with a degree in a STEM discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex analytical concepts to stakeholders from different backgrounds
- Project management skills
- Experience of coaching and supervising junior team members, including reviewing technical and written work
- Experience with stakeholder management and confidence with client interactions
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills, understanding of algorithms and appreciation of working with data
- Ability to work with teams that will work on various Integrity and Compliance engagements such as Fraud, Bribery, Corruption, Compliance and Integrity issues, including key legislative instruments and enforcement trends as well as Compliance (e.g., risk assessment, monitoring, remediation)
Ability to oversee teams that will work on various data analysis engagements:
- Experience in design and implementation of end-to-end data and analytical solutions
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Strong leadership skills
- Prior experience/ knowledge of accounting, fraud, bribery and corruption or sector specific knowledge or experience
- Prior experience with various tools such as relational databases, data visualisation software and statistical techniques
We are looking for tenacious and curious individuals with a desire to ‘get to the bottom’ of things. You will be intellectually rigorous, with extremely strong analytical skills, have a passion for data, be adaptable and show an ability to build strong relationships.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- You’ll get a chance to develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next
- You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, wethe best employer.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!