Manager, Cyber Security - Cyber Transformation in London
Manager, Cyber Transformation
Cybersecurity and its related challenges are a rapidly growing field. As such, the opportunities for careers in cybersecurity are also growing. Physically and electronically securing an organisation infrastructure is one of the steps to creating a secure environment. EY is rapidly growing and investing its Cybersecurity consulting practice
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a meaningful and fulfilling career, with global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology, to become the best version of you.
The team you join - EY’s UK & Ireland Cyber Practice is part of a global cyber team of over 5,000 professionals focused on developing and delivering cutting edge security transformation programmes, cyber threat management, identity and access management, security architecture, data protection and privacy, and resilience services. We are part of a wider advisory organisation that collectively comprises a $4B, and growing, global consulting practice with 18,000 professionals. At EY, we have large scale plans to expand our already market leading Cyber Security practice and anticipate continued growth throughout the next five years. We need excellent people to join us and be part of our exciting growth strategy.
Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is looking for team members who can take their business consulting experience and work with clients to deliver large, complex, cybersecurity transformation programmes. You will take your consulting experience to help our clients work through their business and operational challenges, improving their cybersecurity effectiveness. You will be a key member of the team developing EY’s Cyber Transformation capabilities. You will also be expected to contribute to building out EY’s Cyber Transformation cyber services, working with our alliance partners and advising our clients on current market trends.
You will have the opportunity to develop your technical skills, however, this role predominantly requires a business consulting skillset. It will see you using your consulting skills to provide advice as part of large multi-discipline EY engagement teams delivering large scale programme delivery and programme management; designing and delivering end-to-end cyber transformation programmes; cyber maturity assessments; strategy definition and execution; operating model, governance and process design and implementation; and culture, awareness and training programmes.
You will work with colleagues in the UK and globally to develop new and innovative Cyber Transformation solutions and specific industry propositions that solve client problems/issues and integrates with their overall IT delivery and support strategy.
In addition to the above, you will have an opportunity work across all aspects of Cyber, Technology and business solutions.
Your key responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Managing a portfolio of Cyber Transformation engagements with our clients, responsible for the day to day delivery of engagement activity contributing to the achievement of quality, time and budget targets
- Working with prospective clients to agree, scope and plan the delivery phase of engagements
- Contributing to developing the market for Cyber Transformation services across all sectors, identifying sales opportunities and working with senior practice leaders and market leaders in the creation of proposals and marketing material
- Leading and developing team members by sharing knowledge, acting as mentor and coach to them and leading by example
- Creating thought leadership and market materials for selling and promoting EY Cyber Transformation offerings
Skills and attributes for success
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
- Be a good communicator with the ability to contribute assuredly to cybersecurity discussions in a cyber transformation, strategy, people and organisation context with peers
- Have an understanding of big picture cybersecurity issues and trends, and desire to continue to build this knowledge and capability
- Be a team player who is not only looking to enhance their own career but recognises the value of teamwork, facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members, and is capable of motivating teams to maximise performance
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
- Be able to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions.
- Be confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
- Structure and manage projects which meet client expectations and mitigate any risks or issues
To qualify for the role you must have
- Professional experience managing teams that design and deliver transformation programmes and / or discrete strategy, people and organisation solutions in a management or delivery context
- Key delivery experience managing or leading delivery in some of the following disciplines: strategy development and execution, transformation programme design and delivery, cyber programme assessment, operating model and organisation design, culture and change, and training and awareness
- Experience managing and coaching others in the development and delivery of complex client solutions and/or proposition development
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Programme management qualifications, such as: APM, Prince2, Agile etc.
- Sector experience in one or more of the following: Government & Public sector / Energy & Utilities / Retail and Consumer products / Life sciences / Telecoms, Media and Technology / Transport
- Proven track record of supporting business development
- Professional services experience working as a consultant with market leading organisations in the delivery of their people, organisation and / or cybersecurity solutions (not essential)
What we look for
- Core consulting skills – agility and curiosity, analytical thinking and problem solving, teaming and inclusivity, client relationship management, driving innovation and continuous improvement
- Technical skills – strong understanding of transformation programme delivery and the big picture cybersecurity challenges affecting organisations and people consulting solution design and delivery (e.g., strategy, operating model, process design, culture, cyber capability and training and awareness)
- Market/Sector knowledge - Demonstrable market/sector expertise in your field
- Versatility- Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to be an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, consulting, tax, and strategy and transaction services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
- Type of Contract
- Graduate jobs
- Published at
- Profession type
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the EU
- Cover Letter Required
Get similar vacancies sent to your mailbox
Fill in below which area you are searching in for a similar function and don't forget your e-mail address!